Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2000, 06:33 AM   #1
suresk

Unhappy AllAdvantage going down?

Hey,
Has anyone been able to reach AllAdvantage lately? I can't get to their site and the viewbar isn't working properly. Also, I just now got this email from them, detailing new payout rates and hours. For US:
$0.53 per hour (.03 increase), MAX: 15 Hours, amount you must get to get a check: $30.

Is AllAdvantage dying? I think a lot of people are going to quit using them because of this change (including myself). They weren't a huge income for me, but still I earned enough to pay my cell phone bill every month. Now it isn't even worth it, because even with a few referrals, it'll probably take most people more than a month to earn the new minimum (especially with the way their tracking works).

What are your thoughts on this?

take care

------------------
Spencer Uresk
spencer@uresk.net
http://www.uresk.net
suresk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2000, 08:35 AM   #2
havaloc

Unhappy

I just read the email, and needless to say, I'm disappointed. How do they justify LOWERING payable hours? They must be hard up for money. If anything, if they were smart, they'd lower the pay rate and take the hours cap off.

Notice how the viewbar turns red much faster now?

------------------
Click4profit.com Earning Revenue on the Web.
havaloc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2000, 09:09 AM   #3
cyburrr
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

I haven't been able to access my account for a few days now :-(

They have a bit of nerve to lower the hours to 15. When I first joined months ago they made like they were on the brink of raising it to 40 hrs!

I'll be sad to see them go - they've paid me well - and on time. Doesn't bode well for the smaller (similar) programs.

As my referrals were at a standstill (after the initial boom I've been coasting on) - I removed the ad for a bit. Seems like this one will just fade out. Last time I was able to check, I was down approx $20 from previous months. Good for them they never got their message boards up and running eh? lol
cyburrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2000, 09:11 AM   #4
singloon

GeekGuide

Unhappy

for us Aussies they increased the min pay rate without changing the hrs or hourly rate http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

I still will be promoting AA as my main paid to surf program since reliability is still among the best...

I only made AUD$44 for May with AA and that's AUD$1 below the min pay rate for June... luckily i have more sign ups this month ...

------------------
Evangelion in the 21st century
Eva2000.com
Australian Star Wars Prequels
ThePrequels.net
Anime2001 Network
Anime2001.com
Coming soon...
TheDesktopThemes.com Wallpapers
singloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2000, 09:48 AM   #5
mycashweb

Smile

These are definately not good signs....

Perhaps one of the lessons to be learned is that it is difficult to pay a fixed rate (50 cents per hour) in this business when ad rates are jumping all over the place.

Also, AllAdvantage does not provide any real incentive to use/purchase from sponsors. I think a "cashback" model like allcommunity, and paysu has potential to help advertisers get a return for their dollars.

While I lement the drop in hours, the bright side may be that their numbers indicate that 90% of the members only surf 15 hours anyway, if that is indeed the case, maybe its a wise business move to reduce their loses to cheaters. I'm not sure if that is the case, but perhaps.

Personally, I've moved on to promoting mValue, jotter because they offer software that is practicly useful, as well as profitable. I often use both of them above the payable time, just because they are useful. Other companies that pay a variable rate (cashsurfers) or a lower rate (surfingprizes) are also viable options.

Damon

------------------
Maximize your Website Income! Audit your Website Revenue at: http://www.mycashweb.com
Top New Website Affiliate Program: http://www.mycashweb.com/sp.htm
mycashweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2000, 12:28 PM   #6
mycashweb

Smile

I agree fairhousing, that they won't die off. Its really a question of which ones will adapt, and which ones won't.

The internet and advertising are two dynamic environments, and the PTS company that will survive is the ones that adapts to what works... both for the advertiser and the surfer/builder.

I think Radiofreecash has a good shot at it however, because they can capitalize on the popularity of music on the net. I've heard rumors that they might produce an ad bar to go along with the music which would create 2 income streams for them, as well as the high probability of selling music (hmmm perhaps a deal with BMG? http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif ). We'll see in July how this one turns out.

I still think that if all a bar does is show ads and their is no incentive to buy and no other added value (e.g. remembering passwords) then the companies won't be able to pay what it takes to survive.

Damon

------------------
Maximize your Website Income! Audit your Website Revenue at: http://www.mycashweb.com
Top New Website Affiliate Program: http://www.mycashweb.com/sp.htm
mycashweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2000, 05:18 PM   #7
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

I agree about RadioFreeCash. I'm pretty sure they ARE having an adbar to go along with their program, and that's why they've delayed the start of their main program. Besides the banner ads and audio ads, they'll also have audio cues to click every once in awhile to ensure that you're actually listening and don't just have the sound turned down.

The two main changes I see upcoming are:

1) Programs paying percentages of income and not flat rates. Most already do this, even programs like Spedia which have always paid $0.48 promise only to pay a percentage of revenue.

2) Programs possibly only accepting people with certain demographics ... clearly there is an abundance of members, and PTS programs may choose to accept only members which fit the demographics they choose. Or perhaps they will link each member's earnings directly with how much they earn from that particular member, instead of giving a flat rate to everyone in the program.

It's too bad, but because of their recent policy changes, I've knocked AA from my #1 spot for the first time ever. :/

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.potofgold.org
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2000, 09:30 PM   #8
WHO?
Member.

Unhappy

Here's my story.
First when I joined AllAdvantage didn't say anything about Gaudian Forms. Now when I have over 550 referals they want me to fill it and send it to their office in Finland. Well, I tried few times bt the letter kept coming back. So I sended a mail to ask one of the companies who worked in the same building. They told me that AllAdvantage Finland Oy isn't even there.

Now when the viewbar is available in Finland and 500 users are using it under me, I haven't earned a penny yet. I've tried to mail AllAdvantage, but they just won't answer me. I guest I won't earn anything before 2002...

#""#"#%#"#"!!!!!!!
WHO? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2000, 11:37 PM   #9
fairhousing
Member.

Lightbulb

makes sense to me. i don't get paid for watching ads with traditional media (tv and radio) for 15+ hrs a month. however, i don't think paid to surf programs will die off. i don't think they'll be all that attractive, like aa and gp4 are right now (lack luster).

------------------
Click 4 some tested resources for making money $, hosting, and web promotion.
My Site Got Hacked, But I'm Coming Back?
fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote