Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2006, 07:50 AM   #1
sprouter

Default Want to sell link space on my site where do I go?

I have a PR4 site & would like to sell links to make some money. I would like some recommendations as to the best paying sites that provide this service. And also how much money you guys think I should get per link per month or perminent. The only problem I have is my links page has zero PR so how will that affect my chances? I don't want to link from my home page.

Thanks for any advice.
sprouter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2006, 09:53 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

If your traffic is valuable, try placing CPA links in those positions to build up the links page. This will not only help to demonstrate the tangible value of those placements by allowing you to generate performance-based revenue through the spots, but will help to establish a content base for you.

Once this is in place, you could use what you learnt from the experience to determine at what rates you could sell these locations to link partners. You should also have a PR registering on that page once it's been live for a few months.

Try to remember not to view PR in isolation, though. Pitching a sale to a third party solely on the basis of your PR is not going to do either party any favours in the long run. Try to find link partners or sponsors whose products genuinely appeal to your audience. That way, you'll not only be able to negotiate a higher rate, but the buyer will be more likely to receive genuine value from the purchase/trade.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:34 AM   #3
dave989
Member.

Have you tried adbrite or Adengage. Is use them for advertising on other peoples sites. the only thing is I actually use them for the traffic that I will receive. I don't care about how much PR a page has, I am only concerned about the volumn of traffic that I am likely to receive.
dave989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 01:37 AM   #4
sprouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave989
Have you tried adbrite or Adengage. Is use them for advertising on other peoples sites. the only thing is I actually use them for the traffic that I will receive. I don't care about how much PR a page has, I am only concerned about the volumn of traffic that I am likely to receive.
No I am not talking cpc programs I am talking selling links.
Old 03-03-2006, 02:51 AM   #5
praveen

have you tried Textlink Ads or Linkworth??

or have u directly tried selling links through various forums?

Quote:
The only problem I have is my links page has zero PR so how will that affect my chances? I don't want to link from my home page.
yes, that (PR) is a factor when you selling links.

probably, if your links page get good traffic and you can show stats to reflect that, it might change.

Typical market rates for a PR 4 tends to hover arnd $10-$25.

but it depnds on what your site audience is and traffic etc.

try digitalpoint marketplace for selling links directly or to have a look (read through) at the other links being sold there to get an idea for the price.

let know if u need any assistance
praveen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:35 AM   #6
dave989
Member.

Fancy that, I have just come accrossed the textlinkads site and was about to reply about it.

But you have done it before me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen

probably, if your links page get good traffic and you can show stats to reflect that, it might change.

try digitalpoint marketplace for selling links directly or to have a look (read through) at the other links being sold there to get an idea for the price.

dave989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 04:43 AM   #7
sprouter

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveen

Thanks champ that is exactly what I was looking for. I just signed up an account with Linkworth. I have decided to allow homepage links. Tell me do you have an account with Linkworth? I have been reading in the forums over there that some publishers are waiting a long time to get people interested in putting links on their sites. I have set my prices low, $20 homepage & $10 for other page, how long do you think before I will get contacted? Also I notice that they actually take 50% of that so I only get $10 / $5 do you think that is fair for a PR4 page?

Thanks for your help I am new to all this stuff but want to get some revenue quickly if possible. I am also interested in other means besides these brokers, you mentioned digitalpoint marketplace, sorry but can you give me the url for that place. Also is there any other places you care to mention? You can PM me if you like - thanks for your help.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:58 AM   #8
praveen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sprouter
Thanks champ that is exactly what I was looking for. I just signed up an account with Linkworth. I have decided to allow homepage links. Tell me do you have an account with Linkworth? I have been reading in the forums over there that some publishers are waiting a long time to get people interested in putting links on their sites. I have set my prices low, $20 homepage & $10 for other page, how long do you think before I will get contacted? Also I notice that they actually take 50% of that so I only get $10 / $5 do you think that is fair for a PR4 page?

Thanks for your help I am new to all this stuff but want to get some revenue quickly if possible. I am also interested in other means besides these brokers, you mentioned digitalpoint marketplace, sorry but can you give me the url for that place. Also is there any other places you care to mention? You can PM me if you like - thanks for your help.

Yes i do have an account with them as both publisher and advertiser

Linkworth offers 2 options.
one is their preferred partner option where its split 50-50.
the other one is the normal where they take 30% of the sale.

the wait time is normal.
if there are advertisers seeking new sites and audience and if they think that your site offers them that, then you will see advertisers coming in.

also another option they give is the featured partners.
where you pay $xx to feature in the FEATURED PARTNER LISTINGS which is seen the moment you login to the CP.

this is also a useful way to stand out from the rest of the publishers and get more advertiser attention as thats what the advertisers ( i think, personally yes, thats where i look first) look at first.

Quote:
how long do you think before I will get contacted?
it depends on many factors.
if u check the forums, myself, Ron and couple others have given some insights into this there

site design, traffic, content etc..

this is the url to Digital point forums.
forums (dot) digitalpoint (dot) com

you need a min number of posts to start a new one in the link sales section. but i am sure you will find the way there

btw, can u send me your url or ur linkworth listing detail via pm plz.

Last edited by praveen; 03-03-2006 at 05:02 AM.
praveen is offline   Reply With Quote