Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > geek/yak
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-06-2001, 11:22 AM   #1
Rhea

Location: Oh drat these computers, they're so naughty and so complex. I could pinch them.
Smile Prix Ars Electronica (web site competition)

Hi all,

A couple of years ago I was contacted by Prix Ars Electronica about one of my web pages. (They invited me to enter the competition with my 'They Died in Florida' page at www.yuckles.com/fldead.htm.)

Anyway, this is a real competition, with money prizes. I just received my annual notification email from them, so thought I'd pass it (snipped and tucked a bit) along to you in case you'd like to check it out.

(quote on)

Dear Sir/ Madame

The Prix Ars Electronica 2001 marks the 15th edition of the competition for cyberarts, which is organized by the Austrian Broadcasting Corporation (ORF), Upper Austrian Regional Studio, in conjunction with the Ars Electronica Festival. From the start, the Prix Ars Electronica has been conceived as an open platform for various disciplines in the field of digital media design at the intersection of technology, art, science and society. Accordingly, over the course of the years, it has repeatedly been
renewed, in order to be able to take the rapid developments in the realm of information technologies into account.

The Prix Ars Electronica 2001 is announced internationally for the categories of Net Vision / Net Excellence, Interactive Art, Digital Musics, Computer Animation/Visual Effects. In addition, there is also a competition category for young people under the age of 19 in Austria: Cybergeneration - u19 freestyle computing. The international juries will award 6 x 3 money prizes and 6x up to 12 Honorary Mentions.

The total prize money for the Prix Ars Electronica 2001 amounts to Euro 100.000 (US$ 89,700). Selected works of all categories will be presented to the public in the exhibition Cyberarts 2001 at the O.K Center for Contemporary Art during the Ars Electronica Festival.

You will find detailed information on each category, the names of the Jury members, the competition regulations and all information you need to register online under: http://prixars.orf.at. Deadline for entries is April 7, 2001 (postmarked)!

Please send your complete submission on time to
ORF/ Prix Ars Electronica 2001
Europaplatz 3
A-4021 Linz (Austria)

Online Registration:
http://prixars.aec.at/2001/registration/

ORF Kultur/Prix Ars Electronica
Europaplatz 3
A-4021 Linz
Tel.: ++43/732/6900-24564
Fax: ++43/732/6900-24510
E-Mail: ines.windhager@orf.at

(quote off)

And in case anyone is concerned http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif I'm not affiliated with this organization in any way. Just thought it might be fun to see if any of the geekfolk here at the village would like to participate in this competition.

And it's fun to surf their web site to check out the winners from years past. There are links to some wonderful arts and sciences sites.
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote