Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2001, 07:46 AM   #1
Furton

Default New Valueclick plans

I've been using Valueclick for a while now and recently I've been getting some e-mails about some new CPM program they are running and some other additions to the network.

Anyone else heard of this, is there a rise in revenue you've made?
Furton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2001, 08:01 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Furton, you'll find a wealth of information regarding the changes made to ValueClick's product offerings by performing a search for the company's name here.

Please find following two of the most recent threads concerning the CPM-based banner and popup support offered to publishers:
http://66.33.83.213/forums/showthrea...threadid=11896
and:
http://66.33.83.213/forums/showthrea...&threadid=9668

Personally, I have yet to see much effect in terms of banner revenues, but I have only minimal exposure to ValueClick, and have yet to experiment with their popups. There's little doubt that the newest announcement regarding filler inventory is a positive development, though.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2001, 02:35 AM   #3
MikeCSVU

I've been with Valueclick for around 9 months now and they are 100 percent superb in payment on the button and customer service. Admittedly I've only ever had a couple of queries but they have always been dealt with extremely quickly and professionally. Payments are made diect to bank accounts around the 13th of each month without fail.

Checked my stats this morning and it appears the first of the CPMs began running yesterday. There are now sections for CPM reporting as well as the CPC section. Not sure I fully understand it as it doesn't seem to display what revenue is generated but maybe that's something that's not added till month end (or I'm just too dim to make sense of it.)

Haven't exprimented with popups as yet. I think I'll wait and see what difference, if any, the CPM ads mixed in with CPC ads makes to revenue after a month or so. We seem to run at about what I understand is the industry average for CPC (.45% or so) so I'll be interested to see how this new addition changes things.

But for those who have sites interesting enough and busy enough to qualify to be accepted by Valueclick, I can only reccomend them wholeheartedly.
MikeCSVU is offline   Reply With Quote