Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2000, 08:33 PM   #1
Knix

Unhappy I love popups (yet another popup script request from me)

Alright, I'm looking for a popup script that does a popup BUT one that minimizes it so that they don't see it right off and then notice it later (preferably when they are done looking at my site) can anybody help me out?

------------------
Greg

j1mmy88@hotmail.com
www.dumbpics.com
Knix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2000, 08:49 PM   #2
MattC
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

You could set the focus of the popup so it will appear behind your window.. I'm not sure if you can minimize it though.

-Matt

------------------
-Matt

ComicalPics.com

"Computers are useless. They can only give you answers." - Pablo Picasso

"It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations." - Winston Churchill
MattC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2000, 10:01 PM   #3
TJ

Unhappy

FirstName's popup is like that (and it seems to be doing very well for me).

<script language="JavaScript"><!-- Hide script from older browsers
if(navigator.appName.indexOf("WebTV")==-1) {

myWin = open('','winin','toolbar=0,menubar=0,scrollbars=0, status=0,resizable=0,width=480,height=125'); myWin.blur(); myWin.location = 'http://www.url.com'; var shut=true;**
// end hiding contents --></script>
TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2000, 02:31 AM   #4
T Dot

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by Knix:
Alright, I'm looking for a popup script that does a popup BUT one that minimizes it so that they don't see it right off and then notice it later (preferably when they are done looking at my site) can anybody help me out?

I a newbie here. I am curious as to what purpose this will serve. As I will be implementing a lot of popups for my site, but mainly for pics.

TIA

http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Louie

T Dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2000, 02:50 PM   #5
Knix

Unhappy

people don't like popups right, so if they see a bunch of popups from my page they may be angry at me or something, hehe, I personally just LOVE popups though so I don't see the problem... BUT if I open it minimized, they probably wont notice it till a bit later and then they will probably not know its me, and I can open a bunch to different gateway pages, and stuff, and they will think its the other websites they are visiting that are doing this....

This is only an idea, I very well could be underestimating the average surfer, so I'm just going to uh, "give it a wack" I guess you could say, and if people still complain about it or whatever (if it doesn't help me) I'll just have to go back to bugging people... basically though, the idea is to make it so that I can earn the most money and get the best topsite ranking possible (something you can't do if you are always distracting them and giving them the option to just leave your site http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif)

------------------
Greg

j1mmy88@hotmail.com
www.dumbpics.com
Knix is offline   Reply With Quote