Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-27-2000, 02:11 PM   #1
geekbooks

Cool

How about looking for some nice computer related affiliate programs? Affiliate programs let you control your destiny with regard to what images run on your site--it's up to you, rather than the ad network. Little text links can be very very powerful (and they don't overwhelm the page).

Outpost.com has a good program, with direct product linking. The percentages aren't huge (margins are slim in that biz) but the sale prices can be high.

Also, since your visitors might be in the bargain hunting frame of mind, perhaps something like Mercata.com?

Cheers,
Dan

------------------
--> http://geekbooks.com
geekbooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2000, 06:26 PM   #2
headhunter

Lightbulb

Hi qpabani2

We like your web site, but this is also for everyone running a small quality site.

I'll give you a small deal.
$0.50 CPM

this because you have a banner at the top of your page. Therefore ours will be second banner.

I don't do CPC

For sites with no other banner on a page, you will get $0.80 CPM
Really you must have no other banner and have only one code per page since you have very small page view.

Since affiliates are not many, you can guaratee that we check all web sites for cheating.

If your traffic gets to 3000 page views a day, you will get $1.00 CPM

If your traffic gets above 5000 page views a day, you will get $1.20 CPM, but then you might be thinking of other revenue avenues.

But remember that the big boys (500,000+ page views) only pay about $3-5 CPM's. And that is not quarateed.

All payment checks in US dollars or UK pounds above 50.00

I'll like to make it smaller, but cost forbid.

We require an average of 2.5% click thru.
We don't really care where you place banner provided you are meeting this target.
We will NOT terminate if you cannot achieve that. We will push and nag and nag and nag and nag and nag ........ until you are up to performance.
If you really not meeting the target, then the code must be at the top of the page to give it a more of a chance.

This program may suit only small sites because it is like a family and we do not have the infrastructure to handle any sites with big impressions.
If the whole thing continues to get big as it looks, we will invest in a better ad management system.

At the moment, we use WebAdverts.

At least, you don't depend on CPC. It is the only total CPM for small sites that I know.

We will help to guarantee you some money while you are still small.
When your site gets bigger, you can then take on the big boys.

We set your account to view stats..click thru and impressions.

To apply, email webmaster@toplane.com
Tell us your approx. page views a day...

That's all folks, sorry for lengthy babble.
See Sample Code Below:

Sample Code

email any questions to: webmaster@toplane.com
Please Quality small sites only.

[This message has been edited by headhunter (edited 02-27-2000).]
headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2000, 06:44 PM   #3
qpabani2

Cool

80 pence is equal to about $2.40 Canadaian right?? Thats not too bad... I can easily get a name without any ads and I probably will once I hear more about this company.. If anyon has used this company, how is it? so far, I am pretty amazed that I can get about $2.40 CPM on my page.

------------------
--------------------
FREE Internet Access
http://freeisps.4mg.com
--------------------
qpabani2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2000, 06:57 PM   #4
headhunter

Cool

Sorry,

That's a typo.

I was writing instead of $
Sorted now.

Always remember that if if sounds tooooo good then you should be worried.

Anyway, hope some guys and gals will be interested.

------------------
Toplane.com
Free Web Site Promotions.

Old 02-27-2000, 08:57 PM   #5
xor

Thumbs down

Headhunter,

You can't honestly expect a site to average 2.5 % CTR. The average is now under 0.5%. And if a site is actually getting a 2.5% CTR they would make a lot more money with any other CPC network.

For example if you average 2.5% CTR on flycast cpc you would get a CPM of $5.

1000 impression x 2.5% = 25 clicks
25 clicks x $0.20 CPC = $5
xor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2000, 12:19 AM   #6
qpabani2

Cool Advertiser for a site /w 300 page views a day

Hello. I have a site with about 300 page views a day. Currently, I am with eAds, but I will be quitting that soon. I was going to go with Burst, but it doesn't accept any sites besides sites with their own domain and I have heard some bad things about them. Which company should I go with? My site is Computers/Internet related.

------------------
--------------------
FREE Internet Access
http://freeisps.4mg.com
--------------------
qpabani2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2000, 12:32 AM   #7
newbornsm

Cool

eAds is good company,, just for me..^^

I visited your sites and very impressed...!!

I recommand Valueclick or Flycast cpc net. These companies offer great opportunities..

See you soon...

--------------------------------------------
Affiliate,pay per click programs that really work!!
http://www.bannersponsor.com
newbornsm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2000, 11:45 PM   #8
headhunter

Cool

Yes it is a high target. Very few guys get to the target, especially with small sites.
We have sites that generate just a click per 1000 for weeks and then they get 10 clicks at other times. Because we deal with small sites, and pay only CPM, we give that target, so no one gets lazy and slaps in the refresh tag for every 3 seconds. You will be surprise what people do.
Some sites even refresh inside a hidden frame

Besides, I think 2.5 click thru. is very achievable if the banners are targeted.

Your calculation $0.20 is slightly misleading. I know big sites with flycast that get only $0.16 on average.

Any small sites will usually get deals of around $0.10-0.12.

We take risk to give CPM, and sometimes we make a loss. Our income is uncertain while the small webmaster knows that impressions equals cash.

yet again ...another babble

------------------
Toplane.com
Free Web Site Promotions.