Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-1999, 12:29 AM   #1
whatever

Default Please Rate My site

<I'm locking this thread for the reasons stated. It's a better fit in our Webmasters Issues Forum. Please Please, we can all work together on this issue and I enjoy your presence and valuable contributions. Let's please strive to keep this kind of post in the correct Forum as stated by others. Much thanks in advance for your continued cooperation and help. Steve_S/Owner-Webmaster-Admin>

Hello
I just made a site. I am hoping it will earn enough money to buy my own domain. I know sites on free hosting companies arent that good but for now, it will have to do. Please give me any comments on how to improve it. ALso, if anyone can, please tell me how to make those Menu bars that i saw in Clickquick. Thanks.
My site's address is
www.angelfire.com/la/freesite

[This message has been edited by whatever (edited 04-03-99).]

[This message has been edited by Steve_S (edited 04-06-99).]
Old 04-03-1999, 05:36 AM   #2
kris
Member.

get some more graphics and get rid of that ugly background color. Make a menu bar instead of using those crowded links.

Old 04-03-1999, 11:39 AM   #3
nukeman

First of all you need to change your backround color, when I see it, it makes me want to leave. I reccomend something lighter. Your image at the top, well, you need a new one. I suggest using Photoshop 5 with Eyecandy 3.0. The "Bookmark This Page Now" blinking text needs to be non-blinking, solid, and make sure it works with your backround color. The Top 50 banner should be placed at the bottom of the site or placed in a popup. At the bottom would be better but if you want The Top 50 to give you more return hits, it would be beter to be placed in a popup. Change your font to Arial Narrow. You dont want that little text link there to the T25. I reccomend placing a banner at the bottom or again a popup. You dont need to repeat your content twice. The ugly table at the bottom needs to be replaced with buttons on the side. You should stay away from frames but, with your site it would be okay. There is no need to have two site counters, it just slows down the site. You need to obtain traffic in order for sponsors to even look at sponsoring you. I suggest placing an add on yahoo and signing up for submitit. http://www.linkexchange.com You might want to sign up for a free stuff ring. Well, that about it.

------------------

Old 04-03-1999, 01:40 PM   #4
WebsiteSponsors
Member.

Ya, I pretty much agree. You don't want to put any banners or links to other sites at the top of your site unless they are your sponsors. Think about it. Why would you want to give away your traffic after you work so hard on a site???

As for the blinking "Bookmark this site" note, that is pretty annoying. The way I see it is that if your site is good you won't have to tell people to bookmark it. They will do it automatically.

If you want a counter for your site, you should use the small link exchange one. They are very fast loading and it only takes about 1 minute to sign up for one. Also, get a tracker for your site so you will know where all your visitors are coming from and how they are finding your site.

There also is way to much space between your logo and the content of your index page. It alsmost looks blank.

Hope this helps

Chet
http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/smile.gif

Old 04-05-1999, 04:22 AM   #5
Questy

whatever,

On behalf on Steve, Myself, and the rest of the gang, welcome to the forum.

Please, let's keep webmaster issues "next door" at the proper forum. If you post this there, we can look at your site.

Questy
Closed Thread