Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Search Engine Marketing & Optimization
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-07-2006, 10:18 PM   #1
ponytails

Default Best Software for website submission

I have over a 100 websites and don't have time to resubmit them all. Is there some kind of software, that is inexpensive to automatically do this for me that actually works?
thanks for anyone's help.
ponytails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 01:41 AM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Hi ponytails and welcome to Geek/Talk.

I'm glad you dropped by, because this advice will save you loads of time. My advice is: don't resubmit your sites.

Seriously, the leading search engines will find and re-index your site automatically, as long as there are a few links pointing to each of your sites. If there aren't, then building inbound links should be your focus, rather than search submission.

Outside of systems such as Google Sitemap, submitting site data to search engines frequently and repeatedly is actually more likely to damage your search placement than to enhance it. Just let Googlebot, Slurp and the other search spiders do their jobs and you'll never have to worry about submission again.

I hope this helps.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 04:32 PM   #3
ponytails

Default website submissions

Thanks for letting me know about that. However, I have some sites that there really aren't any links for. Such as I have a uniform business site and the other sites don't offer links, since they are businesses and not really personal sites. So how do I get incoming links to this kind of site that would be related in content?
ponytails is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2006, 09:33 PM   #4
Czar

Webmaster

Contacting your suppliers or your corporate customers to request an exchange would be a good first step. Beyond that, submitting to a few reputable directories (Yahoo, DMOZ.org, etc) should help.

Finding out which sites link to your competitors will give you a good indication as to which targets may be most willing to link to you.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 01-01-2007, 02:50 AM   #5
onlymyspace

You can easily get free links from directories, blogs, adding a link to your site in your sig on forums ect.
onlymyspace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2007, 10:27 PM   #6
gophergas

Just thought I'd add my $0.02 --- Czar is absolutely correct. I once made the mistake of repeatedly resubmitting my websites to the major search engines. Effectively kept me out of the listings for a few months.

Forums are another great place to help get some exposure, but don't overdo it. Make sure the links are relevant to the topic at hand so you don't get blacklisted as a spammer.
gophergas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 01:08 AM   #7
Del

Or just put the link in your signature thing. Most forums offer a signature(some even a profile page you can link from). If you haven't noticed signatures are rarly if ever a signature-like thing, they tend to be more like buisness cards, buisness headers, or resume's.

Last edited by Del; 01-05-2007 at 01:09 AM.
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:30 AM   #8
princess23

you don't have to resubmit your sites. just do link building and your sites will be crawled by SEs
princess23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2007, 10:57 AM   #9
cher
Member.

Never submit a site to the search engine....instead get some quality backlinks to get indexed at a faster rate.
cher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 06:55 PM   #10
PaperclipCMS

There is some sound advice here that I agree with totally. Dont use submission software, get quality inbounds and wait for SE to find you...much safer in the long run
PaperclipCMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2007, 07:33 PM   #11
Czar

Webmaster

Welcome to Geek/Talk, PaperclipCMS.

I've been reading through several of your posts during the past weekend and you seem to have arrived with a very friendly and helpful way about you, which I'm sure our members will come to cherish. Thanks for joining!

Old 06-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #12
PaperclipCMS

Thank you very much. I came across this forum and really liked the vibe here. I look forward hanging out
PaperclipCMS is offline   Reply With Quote