Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2001, 05:25 AM   #1
KP of Snooply
Member.

Thumbs up PPC Engine Business going UP!

Hey all,

You guys know I run Snooply.com, and we are in phase 1 and 2 right now, in about 2 weeks, we are going to start preparing for phase 3.

I've talked to Ah-ha.com business development team, and they said that business has been up significantly, even though the internet slump has happened and still is happening.

I think this is a very good business model, and would make lots and lots of money, perhaps a whole team of workers http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

I mean it's value to the advertiser, they control the amount they want to pay, what keywords to target etc. True Value.

Phase 3 for Snooply.com is going to be big and I want it to be a sucess. I want to ask you all, what kind of things you'd look for in a advertiser and what kinda features, revenue generating features we can have.

Oh, btw, here is a sample search results page for phase 3: http://www.snooply.com/phase3/phase3/search.html

Thanks.

------------------
Kaumil Patel
Snooply.com - We Snoop. You Find.

[This message has been edited by KP of Snooply (edited 05-05-2001).]
KP of Snooply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 06:28 AM   #2
kerplunk
Member.

Arrow

Yeah, how could it not? It reminds me of eBay kind of...

...anyway the company just has advertisers pay for results and they can even put banners on their pages..

ah ***** this post -- I am p.o.'d that my web host is down AGAIN.
kerplunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 07:24 AM   #3
pk

Unhappy

man,, i wanna make a search engine like snooply.com

is it hard? u just use PHP, right? i konw PHP and mySQL
pk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 07:30 AM   #4
kerplunk
Member.

Unhappy

Everyone is making these now, it's going to end up like something that everyone did but then it died fast... heh, yeah.
Old 05-05-2001, 07:47 AM   #5
KP of Snooply
Member.

Unhappy

We use PHP and MySQL. It's not as easy as you think guys. It's very difficult. The minute you think its easy, is the minute you go down with a BOOM.

I have made a whole business plan out. We have features Goto or any of our competitors don't have. We are going to make it the best PPC in the world. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Kaumil Patel
Snooply.com - We Snoop. You Find.
KP of Snooply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 07:49 AM   #6
kerplunk
Member.

Unhappy

Good luck with the program KP. Sorry for my bitterness earlier. Please don't send me any signup **** with my email from here. I am happy with my 12 cents cpc at adsearches.com http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif
Old 05-05-2001, 08:23 AM   #7
xuniverse
Member.

Unhappy

maybe its just me.. but i like the design you got now better.
xuniverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 08:45 AM   #8
mellow

Thumbs up

Yep I also like the new design better, much better! It seems really fresh and clean, keep the good work up!

Michael "mellow"
mellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 10:39 AM   #9
notibrian

Unhappy

Kaumil Patel congratulations and everything looks great!!!

can you please post a message here during 3rd quater when you start to receive international webmaster? thanks in advance http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

best of luck with your business http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
notibrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 10:44 AM   #10
cybmike

Unhappy

Want a tip? Try to copy goclick. For example you can transfer your own funds into keywords. Freedom of picking your own text links. Popunders?

cybmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 10:45 AM   #11
cybmike

Unhappy

Odd, I just went to snooply and typed in britney spears and only got 2 results
cybmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 10:45 AM   #12
Duchz

Smile

Your new design is nice and I think even the logo looks better now.

What about your search engine I've got one more question: Is there any search engine you're getting results from in the background if there are no paid results?

Currently I don't see that feature and therefore I'd like to know whether you're going to implement it sooner or later.

Greetings,
Duchz
Duchz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 10:54 AM   #13
mp3next
Member.

Talking

heh some people think this is easy it's not man, the scripts are complicated and if you want advertisers you're gonna have to build scripts with roi tracking and everything not to mention have people come to your site because they want to not because it got popped up on their pages or something...

all i'm saying is it's not easy to get big, it costs a lot of money and a lot of time...

just my 2 cents...
mp3next is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 03:04 PM   #14
funpage

Unhappy

Are you going to be offering co-branding option?

------------------
Top 50 Cool Sites - Join us and increase your traffic.
Daily Spark! - Add daily content to your site
Web Puddle
funpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2001, 04:09 PM   #15
LaNMaN
Member.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by pk:
man,, i wanna make a search engine like snooply.com

is it hard? u just use PHP, right? i konw PHP and mySQL
Don't listen to KP; the back end of the PPC meta-search engine is really easy to create. I am still ironing the bugs out and finalizing agreements with sponsors, but my site currently meta-searches Ah-Ha, Epilot, and Sprinks (we are currently evaluating the possibility of including FindWhat listings as well). We don't have a contract with Sprinks yet and we need to obtain information as to how to decode the actual bid price from their encoded field, but, aside from some formatting glitches, the back end is finished. Also, we include default results from Ah-Ha and Sprinks in addition to bidded listings, unlike Snooply and Goclick.

The site took me less than a weekend to design and program, and I had to learn PHP from scratch. However, KP is right about one thing; this market is not for everybody. It has been over two weeks since I first contacted the PPC search companies and the first contracts were signed last week. All deals need to be negotiated individually, as there are no automatic affiliate programs. Also, you need to know enough PHP/Perl to extract the results from whatever format they give you the data in.

Lenny
LaNMaN is offline   Reply With Quote