Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with Email
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-03-2002, 09:22 PM   #1
funpage

Default Supertaf Form Usage

Over the past two days, I noticed that the usage of my supertaf forms have been down around 50% Is anyone else seeing a similar trend?
funpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2002, 09:29 PM   #2
funpage

I was testing out the embeded form on my site and noticed that it doesn't work when you try to send it, but if you use a direct link, then it works.
funpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 10:53 AM   #3
SWD

mine has been working normally!
SWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 05:36 PM   #4
Aaron Dragushan

Hi funpage,

The form was submitting to tafsub.php instead of http://supertaf.com/tafsub.php My appologies, and we'll credit your account double for any revenue you might have missed. I'll look into that on Monday.

Sorry for your trouble!
Aaron Dragushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2002, 06:00 PM   #5
firstmark

What rates are people averaging with this progam? SInce the program pays a percentage of profits, its hard to calculate without knowing what others are actually making.
firstmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 04:59 PM   #6
Jarusa

IMHO Supertaf are a top program, the support staff in particular are very good.

These are my figures for this year using the following metrics.

EPU (Earnings per use)
cents earned per taf submission

January 0.96 cents
February 1.03 cents
March 1.06 cents
April 1.27 cents

EPV (Earning per 1000 taf form views)
not really equivalent to CPM as this does not include views of 'tell a friend about this site' links but actual views of the taf form

January $1.99
February $2.13
March $2.16
April $2.43

Seems like an encouraging trend to me.
Jarusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 05:06 PM   #7
firstmark

jamiejulie ever have any spam complaints based on users using the tell a friend form to spam people who don't want to know about your url?
Isn't that the biggest worry of such a program? Anyone have any experience with such issues. I had an idiot once complain to my ISP that I was spamming them when I just requested a reciporical link as their page stated to do. So I imagine just allowing forms to be sent out to lots of people with your url on it may have such issues too.
Old 05-05-2002, 05:24 PM   #8
Jarusa

firstmark,

I have had many forms sent but have not received any complaints as yet.

Unless the form is being abused in some way (i.e. if you have questionable content being sent innappropriately) all that it is equivalent to is people who know each other sending an e-mail with a link they like or a greeting of some sort.

You do have control over how the e-mail sent out is worded, so the opportunity is there to keep complaints to a minimum.
Jarusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2002, 11:34 AM   #9
Aaron Dragushan

Quote:
Originally posted by firstmark
jamiejulie ever have any spam complaints based on users using the tell a friend form to spam people who don't want to know about your url?
Isn't that the biggest worry of such a program? Anyone have any experience with such issues. I had an idiot once complain to my ISP that I was spamming them when I just requested a reciporical link as their page stated to do. So I imagine just allowing forms to be sent out to lots of people with your url on it may have such issues too.
firstmark,

Certainly system security and your user's experience was foremost in our minds when we designed Supertaf. We have systems in place to prevent abuse, such as:

- if someone submits the form multiple times, only one message goes through.

- If they put someone's address in more than one of the To: fields, only one message is sent.

- It's very easy to indicate that you don't want to be reached through Supertaf. When preparing to send a tell-a-friend message, we check this database - if they've told us they don't want to receive it, we don't send it to them.

Also, we handle any complaints received, by adding people manually to our "does not want to be reached" database and letting them know we've done that. People are usually quite impressed to get a professional response, and to know we've resolved the matter. We get an extremely low number considering the popularity of the program, and have a very good relationship with our ISP.
Old 05-06-2002, 03:14 PM   #10
firstmark

Aaron a question of curiousity, what percentage of your forms sent result in a complaint, is it 0.01% or what exactly.
Old 05-06-2002, 04:01 PM   #11
Aaron Dragushan

We average one complaint every two days or so, so our complaint-to-sendout is closer to 0.0000022
Old 05-07-2002, 12:02 PM   #12
FocaJohnL

I have to agree with Aaron here -- running a RAF program has no problem with spam complaints, so long as you practice due diligence by making sure you have appropriate systems in place.

SuperTAF does things correctly. Between the opt-out database, sending with IP and time of the submitter, limiting down the number of messages to recipients, and answering all complaints in a timely manner, they steer clear of trouble. Do the work to make sure good customer relations are maintained, and you shouldn't have any serious problems.

We know because we do the same thing over here with Focalex's RAF. =)

- John
FocaJohnL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2002, 03:06 PM   #13
BobDole

Default Payouts Per Form Use

Those payouts for supertaf seem extermely low. Is that because they only accept unqie email addresses?
BobDole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2002, 06:31 AM   #14
orfeo

Boddole. Effective $0,01 per use of the form is not low. It's OK. If you sell your own co-regs and make your own deals with advertisers you could reach a higher number, but it is not an option for many. Plus that you would have to deal with spam compaints your self.

Supertaf can prove a source of revenue if you have sufficient traffic.

Both Supertaf and Focalex are reputable companies that have a solid business plan. Imagine that Focalex pays $0,4 per double opt-in subscriber.

Unfortunately I have been trying to contact both companies for more than a week and I get no reply. Aaron and FocajohnL, please have someone contact me.
orfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2002, 11:48 AM   #15
Ex

Let me add with my success with SuperTaf. I'm using it as many people in previously in the joke categories used it with Mailbits and I'm still using it.

Here's my average CPM, per thousand view of the TAF forms, which is around US$6-US$8 with around 50%-60% sending it.

I believe from SuperTaf's website, in order for you make money with Supertaf, the submitter must at least tick one or more of the co-reg boxes. Of course there's a SuperTaf PRO where you get 70% of the co-reg spaces to sell on your own (but you get lower return CPM wise)....which is even more lucrative if you can find co-reg buyers.

orfeo try pm them here. FocajohnL always replied my pms to him, but don't know about Aaron since I've never contacted him (cause I'm so HAPPY with Supertaf)
Ex is offline   Reply With Quote