Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Marketing Your Website Online
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-16-2006, 10:12 PM   #1
Worthen
Pending Review

Default Some say the future of TV is digital internet TV

Yep,

You probably keep up with tech trends better than me, but what do you think about the claims that some people make saying, "the future of television is digital tv on the internet"?
Worthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 01:09 PM   #2
alfalogic

I heard there'll come days when even a dial-up internet user will be able to watch TV online with the maximum quality.
alfalogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2006, 05:17 PM   #3
Worthen
Pending Review

found a good article on internet tv over here http://dnjournal.com/cover/2006/july.htm

by looking at the rankings for these sites it would seem the boom is yet to come but interesting none-the-less
Worthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 03:51 PM   #4
WMaster

Hey. It's already here just look at all the website's that provide free content "because TV *****." However, I think the main 2 problems remain accessability and ease of use.

Not everyone has a broadband internet and a powerful computer.

Not everyone is willing to spend time finding stuff online when you can just click the channels in your living room.

Soon enough though......
WMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:43 PM   #5
winky51

Default What the Deal is.

Bellsouth is testing currently 12Mb and 23Mb ADSL for a TCPIP cable network. Basically you will have this monster DSL running to your house.

Movies on demand, and all the normal cable channels. I found out about this and wired my whole new house for such a thing. Currently they offer 6Mb DSL. Soon we will have 100MB I figure within 10 years.

Web users of the world unite, all you have to lose are your dialup chains.
winky51 is offline   Reply With Quote