Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Design and Webmaster Issues
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2000, 01:18 PM   #1
theego

Unhappy

thanks cyberman, i'm used www.spinwave.com they have a free compression thing for gif and jpg, some images have lots of coloUrs, but some are boarders so have only a few coloUrs, is it not out of the normal then to use a mixture of gifs and jpgs.
Gifs for the boarders and jpgs for the logos etc..
I spell coloUrs with a U, like it should be

------------------
didier
didier@theego.co.uk
'rome did not create a great empire by having meetings.. they did it by killing all those who opposed them'
theego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 11:35 PM   #2
theego

Question what are the best images

I site i am designing has a lot of images as part of the design, as i am worried about the time it will take to download, what format should i save images and how can i compress them. I would like anybodys opinion, advice and whatever, previous experience, what file formats you use for images on current site etc..
thanks

------------------
didier
didier@theego.co.uk
'rome did not create a great empire by having meetings.. they did it by killing all those who opposed them'
theego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2000, 11:56 PM   #3
CyberMan
Member.

Unhappy

What kind of images do you have in your site?. In general if your images are rich in color you would use JPEG compression. If you have only few colors say 4 colors you can save the image as a GIF with 4 colors and reduce the image size a lot.

------------------
CyberMan
CyberMan is offline   Reply With Quote