Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with Email
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-09-2008, 12:07 PM   #1
Czar

Webmaster

Question Does SuperTAF Still Exist?

SuperTAF was once a leading player in the tell-a-friend email market; enabling sites to monetize co-registrations, emails and confirmation pages related to the process of referring pages to friends.

As a matter of fact, the service was founded by one of Geek/Talk's first moderators, Aaron Dragushan.

Today, I noticed that the website is no longer responding and since we haven't heard from Aaron in a while, I wondered if any of you are still using the service? Is it still running and just experiencing a temporary problem with its website, or has SuperTAF closed the doors for good?

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 02:22 PM   #2
Jan

Administrator

Thanks for the reminder to take their gear off my sites

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32653
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...21&postcount=4
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:05 PM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

Wow. So I guess they have abandoned ship. That's sad. They seemed to have a good thing going for a few years there.

I'm still using TAFmaster/Focalex on the few sites of mine that are geared up for tell-a-friend functionality and they seem quite solid, though the returns they generate aren't amazing. Nevertheless, they might be a good replacement for you, Jan.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 11:53 PM   #4
Jan

Administrator

According to http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...21&postcount=4 I haven't been paid from supertaf since December 2005. I'll try tafmaster as a search and replace would be easier than removing all trace of it from 1000+ pages
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote