Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Marketing Your Website Online
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-16-2005, 11:14 PM   #1
Sootah

Default Backlinking, how do you do it efficiently?

I know this is more of a 'site promotion' topic, but that forum doesn't get nearly as much traffic. (And I figure if it's a problem, this topic will be moved)

Anyway, I'm curious as to how you fellas get a new site going. You obviously need backlinking and all that, but what's an efficient way to get those links? I mean, e-mailing tons of sites is hardly efficient. Many don't want to trade, others don't respond. Still others have the feature where you add the link to their site and then they will add you, but it takes weeks sometimes for them to reciprocate.

Is there an efficient way to get links to your site? Or perhaps not just links, but plenty of traffic?

Thanks in advance -Kevin
Sootah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:40 PM   #2
pdawg

$$$
pdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 02:55 PM   #3
Larwee

GeekGuide

Sootah, this is minor but you can get an additional backlink if you place a clickable link in your signature here at Geek/Talk.

If you have a site that people like, you will find that there are those who will link to it for that reason. They like it and they feel it would be of interest and/or help to their visitors. They will link without being asked.

For this to happen your site must be seen as being of some benefit worthy of a link.

I'm not don't know if you have a particular site in mind. If you are talking about the one in your profile, you could make it interesting and useful by providing lots of information related to the topics listed. Right now it just has a list of things you do. If you could provide plenty of information related to what is listed and provide some tips that would help to make that site more interesting and possibly would cause some people to link to it without being asked.

You also mentioned being interested in more traffic. There are plenty of ways to achieve that.

Here are two links to some previous Geek/Talk postings that are loaded with information for getting more traffic, including linking. They could be very helpful if you read everything in both of these.

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...hlight=traffic

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/fo...?s=&forumid=49
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2005, 05:45 PM   #4
Sootah

Actually, I should change the one in my profile.. I only own that domain for the email address that it provides me. (I run a computer repair business)

My Tweaks site gets links on its own, because it has tutorials on how to fix stuff, and I'm just starting the spyware site so my main interest is getting into the search engines, and then up top.
Sootah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 10:41 PM   #5
dean winchester

It hepls generate traffic to your website and it is a good way of building resources.
dean winchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 04:04 AM   #6
rosario1990

Good tips for backlinks for websites.
rosario1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2015, 01:33 AM   #7
casual shirts
Member.

Backlinks increases our site popularity and visibility.
casual shirts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 10:15 PM   #8
thamk4tin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sootah View Post
Actually, I should change the one in my profile.. I only own that domain for the email address that it provides me. (I run a computer repair business)

My Tweaks site gets links on its own, because it has tutorials on how to fix stuff, and I'm just starting the spyware site so my main interest is getting into the search engines, and then up top.
very good
thamk4tin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 09:41 PM   #9
Tongkat

try to get backlinks from high page ranked websites or authority websites
Tongkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:30 AM   #10
anynewsbd

Traffic is the goal for website & back-link will help you to get more traffic.
anynewsbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 01:37 AM   #11
sonnyjr

Authority Backlinks is the one you build to get good traffic. Try Guest Blogging, and twitter posting and make more followers and Friend feed as well. Stumbleupon and photo sharing sites are best source.
sonnyjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2015, 12:37 PM   #12
Eitan Kuniz

I usually do it with social media and classified ads.
Eitan Kuniz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 10:27 AM   #13
ColinJacobs

Start with a minimum amount and then you can increase the number of backlinks during the time to be natural
ColinJacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2015, 06:55 AM   #14
Leonski

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColinJacobs View Post
Start with a minimum amount and then you can increase the number of backlinks during the time to be natural
How many links per site a day would seem natural for an 8 month old tech blog?
Leonski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2015, 11:02 PM   #15
XelinB

I do it efficiently on a regular basis. It can be everyday or every other day, and few at a time. I vary the method every time, like I do social networking and bookmarking in one day, and then blog posting on the next day, and then blog commenting on the following day. I pretty much mix up everything on both on-page and off-page seo.
XelinB is offline   Reply With Quote