Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money from Online Audio, Video and Web 2.0 Applications
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2009, 09:22 PM   #1
1000DollarAutos

Default Want to make the move to video questions about traffic and adsense rev.

Ok so I have a niche site and im currently looking at more ways to not only bring in more traffic but ad to the adsense rev.

I was wondering what type of success people are having from submitting content to video sites like youtube,break,etc. as far as seeing traffic to your site from those who watched the video on you tube... if so any tips for details?

also anybody using adsense video units.. have you noticed an increase in revenue? any advice on this would be great too

basically im thinking of creating a video page to let people submit on my site or just possibly asking people to send me videos (or i may possibly pay for them) which i could then submit to you tube and post on my site as well...

Video views are great and can help spread the word but im curious as to how well they convert into actual traffic to my site...
1000DollarAutos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2009, 02:11 PM   #2
GrenshawTech Network

I didn't have much success when I was working for a publisher about two years ago that sent out viral content via all video channels. We created a media strategy that included youtube, ifilm, yahoo video, etc. but the referral urls we saw from youtube even when we got tens of thousands of hits were insubstantial (less than .1 ctr). I'm sure though there are techniques we didn't use and the site has grown considerably since then.
GrenshawTech Network is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2010, 05:20 AM   #3
djzzero

Default Want to make the move to video questions about traffic and adsense rev

Sorry DEADMAN, but Im not sure that I fully understand your question. Are you looking for a domain redirection service that would pay you to use their services?
djzzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 02:15 AM   #4
Sikhar

all conclusion of your question is that you want create adsence revenue but one thing is that if you increase the adsence revenue then basically you are decreasing the status of your site. To increase adsence revenue increase pages on your site with unique keyword rich not stuffing keywords content and generate targeted traffic to your site.
Sikhar is offline   Reply With Quote