Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-27-2005, 10:56 PM   #1
mmacintyre

Default Book Website for sale

Your name: Michael
Your Email address: questions@wefindcheapbooks.com
URL of the site: www.wefindcheapbooks.com
Age of site: 2 months
Traffic statistics (PageViews & Uniques ONLY): 150 uniques, 12,000 pageviews (viewed)
Source of traffic: SE's
Asking price: $10,000
Gross and net revenue per month (Total): n/a, you just have to enter your affiliate tracking and you will start making money.
The specific source of your revenue (Names/Details for each. DO NOT post your Google AdSense data): adsense and affiliate programs
Copyright status of the content on the site: Everything is copyrighted and there are no infringments
Any other pertinent data: There is room for huge income here, books are a major item people purchase on the internet and I know with some easy marketing the purchase price could be made back expecially with the textbook season coming up. I have no time for this site otherwise I would keep it, please feel free
email with any questions. I have not subbmiited to DMOZ or Yahoo
mmacintyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2005, 11:49 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

The "revenue" question actually relates to how much the site is making presently, not whether or not it is expected to generate returns in the future.

Cookie-cutter AWS sites are a dime a dozen and the types of buyers that this forum attracts will demand more than vague promises of future income. If the site is generating meaningful returns at present, you could certainly find a buyer here in the price range you've stipulated. If not, any one of the talented geeks on this board could replicate a similar AWS site within a couple of hours and save themselves $10,000 in the process.

For your benefit, then, please disclose how much revenue the site has generated on average each month during its brief existence. Thanks in advance.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2005, 12:52 PM   #3
mmacintyre

Thanks, Czar well yes you are correct it does use some aspects from AWS however it doesn't reply totally on it, there is a price comparison aspect that compares 15 of the top bookstores. As I mentioned in the previous post the revenue is n/a to be honest it is something like $20, I would assume as i am sure many others would it will pick up now the SE's have the site indexed and if someone has time for marketing I am sure it would be much greater than that, I work in the industry and know the possibilities for a book PC, I just wish I had more time. Please let me know if there is anything else I can clairfy
mmacintyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2005, 02:11 PM   #4
sfoster

the comparison feature is nice, but 10K is alot for something that doesn't have any revenue or hasn't been marketed.

have you considered selling the comparison script for others to include in their existing sites?
sfoster is offline   Reply With Quote