Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Web publishing business discussion > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2001, 03:36 PM   #1
Lavee

Unhappy How Low will you accept a CPC

All,
Based on the current internet trends, the rates the publishers get are becoming ridiculously low. Like $0.10 CPM, $0.002 CPC and $0.05 CPA. I have seen some like the above.

I know that we have lot of webmasters in this same forum getting kind of above rates and lots of unsold inventory.

if you could list How low can you accept rates(I mean guarenteed rates). it will be helpful for fellow webmasters in buying ads from you.
Please do not divert the discussion about monitoring and paying.
Just remember that you would be quoting rates for your unsold inventory.
Don't say that I need atleast three cents per click because I get that from a blind click program.
The adspot I am talking here is in addition to your existing links.
Some ideas are,
You may have a space in your left/right menu of your page, where you could fit one more text/button ad.
You may have a BB where you can link at each page.

Thanks

Lavee

------------------
Free Stuff Directory
www.Lavee.com
Are You In TheTopList.Com. Webmasters - Add your site to thetoplist and get more traffic
A + Jokes - Funny Pictures, Hilarious Jokes and Comic strips.
Lavee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 03:51 PM   #2
Outlaw

Unhappy

Dude, if I had to settle for rates that low I would quit... I spend way more on my server, and in no way could I afford anything with that little... I don't know anyone getting so low cpc or cpa, maybe cpm though... Anyhow I don't think the market will ever get that low, but who knows -_-, I feel that if the market does increase it wont go up that much maybe .75 a cpm at max...
Outlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 05:02 PM   #3
LordBiO

Unhappy

Ofcourse advertising is becoming harder and harder, and it's because the internet is such a new industry. I think or at least I hope things will have a way of working out for the sites that survive.

I would be willing to sell my inventory at a $1 CPM, $.20 CPC and not really interested in CPA ads at all.
LordBiO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 05:19 PM   #4
Lavee

Unhappy

outlaw,

I started this thread to stir off interesting discussions.
This thread is asked in the sense, If you were to sell off your unsold inventory, meaning you are running all your existing programs and want to make more than that.

For example, If you are running allclicks, you will be earnng 3 cents a click.
If there were two distinct programs run by two different companies like allclicks, you might be joining them and try to put both those links across your site to get more value from your visitor.
I took allclicks just as an example ONLY.

Example of CPC - $.002 cents - Clickhere2surf.com

Example of CPA $0.05 Jesterbox.com run through CJ

If you were to quote realistic rates, you may end up getting a deal from the webmasters in this forum.
Constantly, many of us are out there looking for a better advertising value for the dollar.
For example, If a webmaster were to bid for 10 cents a clickthru(targetted) from goto, he may be willing to pay possible a lot lesser value to you directly per click thru.

Lavee

------------------
Free Stuff Directory
www.Lavee.com
Are You In TheTopList.Com. Webmasters - Add your site to thetoplist and get more traffic
A + Jokes - Funny Pictures, Hilarious Jokes and Comic strips.
Lavee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2001, 10:58 PM   #5
Ex

Outlaw > We both run anime sites, and if you're getting 0.75CPM most of the time, gosh I had to salute you. Are you with FastClick or others?

As for me, I'm currently doing 3 cents CPC with Webshots and not willing to go down somemore cause Webshots is registering around 0.7 - 0.9 Clickthru..

As for CPM, my lowest so far is TreeLoot at 0.25 (or is it 0.2CPM).

Anyone can beat my lowest??? He he he he...

As for Lavee's info, its a little bit difficult to say particularly with CPC. Cause I can have a Finance advertiser advertising for 30cents/click and be getting only 0.05 clickthrough since its not targetted and though the rate is high, it still ain't much better than a 3 cents/click running at 0.7 clickthrough.

------------------
Ex
Anime Genesis dot Com - Anime Entertainment Channel
EmailGirl Network- Internet Girl Network
Ex is offline   Reply With Quote