Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2001, 07:55 AM   #1
BadScript

Default Anybody heard of this company? 2-10 CPM + gaming sites(!)

Ezzmedia.com

They take (gasp) gaming sites. There's also a Ezzhosting.com that provide web hosting services.

-------- cut from their website --------
Benefits:
- Real-time reporting statistics (gives publishers a report on the success of the ads they are displaying, and can help you recognize potential opportunities in online advertising.)
- Very attractive cost-per-thousand (CPM) rates, with our average campaigns bringing in anywhere from 2$-10$ CPM
- Full customer support, with real people available to answer your questions regarding advertising opportunities, and your web site.
---------------------------------------

If anybody had any experience with them please share. I'm trying to decide whether or not I should sign up w/ them.
BadScript is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 09:13 AM   #2
orfeo

I really don't think it is really a question. It's not the first time someone signs him self up in order to promote a company. I guess you accomplished your purpose because I saw the site.

Even $2 average CPM is not realistic. Not to mention $10.

If I am wrong about your intentions I would stay away.
orfeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2001, 09:24 AM   #3
Lil_Red

Whois info for ezzmedia:

Registrant:
Ezzhosting, Inc.
2062 ackola pt.
Longwood, FL 32779
US

Domain Name: EZZMEDIA.COM

Sponsoring Reseller; for Technical Support
with respect to this domain contact:
EZZHOSTING, INC., mike@ezzhosting.com

Administrative Contact:
Cammarata, Mike mike@ezzhosting.com
2062 ackola pt.
Longwood, FL 32779
US
407-333-2099

Technical Contact:
2062 ackola pt.
Longwood, FL 32779
US
407-333-2099

Billing Contact:
2062 ackola pt.
Longwood, FL 32779
US
407-333-2099

Record last updated on 05-Dec-2001.
Record expires on 31-Jan-2002.
Record Created on 31-Jan-2001.

Domain servers in listed order:
NS1.EZZHOSTING.COM 209.26.91.50
NS12.EZZHOSTING.COM 209.26.91.40
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 03:27 AM   #4
nima

I have a question,
how come everytime an unknown company comes up in this forum you guys look at the whois info of the domain? I am not saying it is anything bad but can someone explain to me what it shows I would appreciate it
nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 03:39 AM   #5
Jan

Administrator

Very simple, they are looking for clues

Too often a new member comes in to promote his/her own company by saying "have you guys tried this?" "I found this great company and they pay"

There is a legitimate way they can promote a program here, but many choose to go by the shady lane.
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2001, 03:48 AM   #6
Czar

Webmaster

nima, it's done simply for informational purposes in most cases, and can be useful in identifying discrepancies between claims or other data present on the promotional site, and those associated with the registrant.

More specifically, in defensive times such as these in which professional web publishers often cannot afford to lose revenue though dealings with shady ventures, whois data can reveal names, addresses or dates that raise alarm bells. For example, we saw in several recent cases (Nail It Advertising, CompactBanner, etc) that names appeared within the registration info that were associated with previous online advertising failures. It can also shed light on owners of particular programs who come here under the pretence of being a publisher recommending or inquiring about a company (ala ShareASale, RmbClick). In other cases, false data was reported (such as fake addresses, fake phone #s, etc), and still in other situations (AdScholar/InterstitialZone), the date associated with the domain's registration highlighted false claims made within the website's promotional copy.

Reprinting the whois readout here is not meant to infer anything directly, or to warn against dealing with a particular company, but it can assist publishers in conducting their own exploration of the company in question. And when a firm's claiming that its average network sale is in the range of $2-$10CPM when DoubleClick publishers have reported that that well-branded and respected firm has caved in to bottom-crawlers to sell several campaigns in the sub-$1 range, it's clear that there is reason to be suspicious here.

HTH

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2001, 06:43 AM   #7
BadScript

Quote:
Originally posted by orfeo
I really don't think it is really a question. It's not the first time someone signs him self up in order to promote a company. I guess you accomplished your purpose because I saw the site.

Even $2 average CPM is not realistic. Not to mention $10.

If I am wrong about your intentions I would stay away.
Here's my sites and why I was interested:

http://www.alliedassault.com
http://www.pcgamers.net
http://www.battle4dune.com

Here's my IP address: 61.18.108.183
which resolves to cm61-18-108-183.hkcable.com.hk, For the past years I've either lived in Hong Kong or Michigan and have nothing to do with the company in Longwood.

Hope that helps. I found out about that on gaminggroove.com btw. And no I have nothing to do with gaminggroove either please.

Must be something wrong with the way I presented the info, or something wrong with the people on this forum, either way, I am going to stay away from not just that company, but a lot of other places from now on. Thanks for your help.

Last edited by BadScript; 12-17-2001 at 06:44 AM.
Old 12-17-2001, 07:21 AM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

BadScript, I'm sorry to hear that you feel that way, but I believe that you misinterpreted the tone of this thread.

Although there was perhaps one post that accused you of sharing a relationship with the firm in question, the others made no such claims, and were instead directed at digging up information about EzzMedia; with the bottom line being that dealing with an unknown company which makes such dramatic claims is a risk that few are willing to take.

You are, of course, most welcome here, but the Geeks are a savvy bunch who don't respond well to fly-by-night operations, and the company that is the subject of this thread could prove to be just one of those. Hopefully the direction of their skepticism will be made clearer in future discussions.

I apologise for any confusion caused.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Old 12-17-2001, 01:22 PM   #9
BadScript

Quote:
Originally posted by Czar
You are, of course, most welcome here, but the Geeks are a savvy bunch who don't respond well to fly-by-night operations, and the company that is the subject of this thread could prove to be just one of those. Hopefully the direction of their skepticism will be made clearer in future discussions.

I apologise for any confusion caused.
I see. Thanks Czar.
Old 08-13-2002, 05:35 AM   #10
Ex

I just found this thread, and have received an email from them asking to buy popunder at around $1-$1.25CPM based on volume..and they're asking a total buy of around 20 million impressions.

Don't ask me more details, cause I don't think the email is directed specifically at me, cause at the TO: information frm my OUTLOOK, its to someone else. I think its spam but am not so sure, cause its offering something which interest me.

So anyone heard more info about EzzMedia.com as an advertising network?
Ex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 07:09 AM   #11
Jan

Administrator

*Brushes the dust off this thread*

Ex, if the email was not addressed to you, it is indeed spam And as this was the only thread you found, I would take a punt that you would be falling into a situation that you may well regret should you decide to take them up on their offer.

But if you decide to, please keep us informed okay?
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 07:14 AM   #12
Furton

I signed up with them around 2-3 weeks ago and was running their test banners until they started displaying "Stop pop up ads", then I removed them.

They seem to be using the ValueAd system, possibly the same company?
Furton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 11:38 AM   #13
njpete

Quote:
Very attractive cost-per-thousand (CPM) rates, with our average campaigns bringing in anywhere from 2$-10$ CPM

Here's what i think the 800 pound gorilla is and of course i might be wrong. When they sell thier ad inventory they might get those rates but thier default rates are probably much lowerer and it also depends on thier sellout percent. I doubt a new company can pay more than every rep i know about for games. But it is possible i suppose maybe they are paying a lot to attract publishers who knows.

PS You don't like AdScholar Czar i was going to run a campaign with them.
njpete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 05:11 PM   #14
Lil_Red

Quote:
Originally posted by njpete

PS You don't like AdScholar Czar i was going to run a campaign with them.
Don't waste time with adscholar. We are still waiting to be paid on impressions served almost a year ago.
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2002, 09:22 PM   #15
Czar

Webmaster

njpete, ditto to Lil_Red's remarks.

Although my comments further up this thread were posted 8 months ago (note the thread's starting date), AdScholar has done nothing to improve their reputation in the period between.

Not only were the organization's websites filled with blaitant misinformation (and not to mention copyright infringement, with the original source's name still noted in many of their documents until the issue was raised here), but I've received serious complaints from both publishers and advertisers concerning AdScholar's services.