Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR SALES: geek/Marketplace > Website For Sale - Purchase - Barter - Trade
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2006, 07:42 PM   #1
filepipe

Default established online file hosting website

Your name: mike
Your Email address: mike@servfiles.com
URL of the site: http://www.servfiles.com
Age of site: 2 years
Traffic statistics: 191,000 hits/downloads per month
Source of traffic: mostly forums
Asking price: $999
Gross and net revenue per month (Total): $0
Copyright status of the content on the site: all mine
Any other pertinent data:

I am selling my established file hosting website. It has no revenue, because I didn't bother putting any ads up on it. But you can if you wish!

It has 353 members and over 2.3 Million hits/downloads per year. This website is ~2 years old.

You can verify this traffic yourself by looking at my log file:

http://www.servfiles.com/temp/servfiles_log.zip 19MB zipped, 341MB unzipped.

Since the log file is so large, you will need a large file text reader, such as http://www.pcnet-online.com/downloads/large,edit.htm Don't try opening this in word or notepad, because your computer will most likely crash.
filepipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 03:32 AM   #2
Alex|Canep Media
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

with file hosting sites an important question is what is the disk space usage and bandiwdth consumption.

Also how did you afford to host such a large file hosting service, if it generated $0 revenue for two years.
Alex|Canep Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2006, 02:33 AM   #3
filepipe

Quote:
Originally Posted by proxy
with file hosting sites an important question is what is the disk space usage and bandiwdth consumption.

Also how did you afford to host such a large file hosting service, if it generated $0 revenue for two years.
disk space usage is about 400-500mb. b/w fits in between 15-20gb per month. currently i have image compression on, so thats why the bandwidth is that low.

all this runs off a $10/mo shared hosting account. initially i made it so i could have a convenient way of hosting files instead of having to use ftp, but i decided to let other people sign up too, but never expected it to get so big.

since the hosting account came with lots of b/w, and i knew i would only use a little bit, it didn't cost me anything to let others use it.
filepipe is offline   Reply With Quote