Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2000, 06:03 AM   #1
AK

Question Burst default campaign views

I signed up for Burst on December 17. In Dec, the default campaign views were less than 1% of my total page views, in Jan they are more than 50%.

For you who have been a part of the Burst network for a longer time than I: How high should I expect the default campaign rate to be?
AK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2000, 07:25 AM   #2
goose

Cool

Hi, from my experience once you start getting targetted advertising you wont get any default ads, usually this takes about three months.

------------------
check out my web site at http://www.paralumun.com
goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2000, 07:31 AM   #3
fairhousing
Member.

Talking

i've been with burst for a while. i get less than %1 if any default ads.

my reply in the below thread also relates to ur question:
http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/F...ML/001749.html

good luck http://www.very-cool-stuff.com/ubb/wink.gif

------------------

fairhousing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2000, 11:06 AM   #4
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

I have experienced the same thing ... last month, almost no default banners at all. So far this month, about 20% defaults. I hope that they can find more advertisers soon .....

------------------
Darren Hewer
webmaster, www.potofgold.org
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2000, 02:14 AM   #5
DeFraggle
Member.

Lightbulb

This is currently being discussed on the Burst Member board. Looks like defaults are coming back again for a little while. I'm getting around 20% as well. Up from 0%-1% for November and December.

They say those last 2 months of the year are always the best because advertisers are spending their remaining ad budgets, and also want to reach more people since it's around the holidays. Then January is always slow, because most companies apparently spend the month evaluating how their ads did the previous year. Hopefully things will pick up a little more in February.

Personally, I don't mind the defaults as much. The key is to use a banner from another decent service and set it to 100% so it's the only one that appears on your site. I usually use banners from WebSponsors and switch them around once a week. I wish Burst would let you use more than one banner/advertiser to spread it around a little. That has been a complaint/request on the Burst member board for months now. Hopefully they'll get around to implementing that feature.

DeFrag

[This message has been edited by DeFraggle (edited 01-05-2000).]
DeFraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2000, 04:53 AM   #6
AK

Cool

Yeah, I'm currently using ValueClick as default and that was the company I switched from in the first place.

All in all, I'm very happy with my Burst membership. I'm making about 3 times as much with Burst as I did with VC even though I noticed a slight drop in banners shown compared to VC. I guess it has something to do with that Burst's cache-busting ("simple code") is not as effective on NS browsers as VC's.
AK is offline   Reply With Quote