Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > Archives of the best threads
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: How do your July figures stack up against your 3-monthly EPC?
Modern-me is getting it's butt whipped. I'm making nothing. 40 43.01%
My EPC and EPM are way down, but a few leads are trickling through. 30 32.26%
Open Marketplace hasn't had an effect. My results are about the same. 10 10.75%
I'm still saving for that Porsche. Open Marketplace has boosted my returns somewhat. 8 8.60%
I pity the fool who started this poll. My July stats are sky-high! 5 5.38%
Voters: 93. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-09-2001, 07:32 AM   #31
Dave-AHFB

Many people are finding great success contacting ex- CJ advertisers on thier own. I have made contact thus far with 1 current CJ advertiser, informing them I will not be able to push thier product while they are at CJ, giving a link to the CJ forums and explaining the reasons why I have dropped all CJ merchants. I now have a private deal and CJ has lost out. I would not do this to other programs as I have more respect for others than I do for CJ.

This was my trial and it was a success, I will now be contacting all current CJ advertisers explaining why I have dropped them and offer a flat rate if they still wish to advertise, I will do the same for ex CJ advertisers that have not reappeared on a better network.

Dave
Old 08-09-2001, 08:13 AM   #32
harry

Hi Dave

"I have made contact thus far with 1 current CJ advertiser, informing them I will not be able to push thier product while they are at CJ, giving a link to the CJ forums and explaining the reasons why I have dropped all CJ merchants."

Would you be kind to elaborate on your reasons for not being able to push merchants products while they are at CJ?

Thanks!

Harith
http://www.danex-exm.dk
Old 08-09-2001, 11:14 AM   #33
Dave-AHFB

It is my opinion that CJ has lost all credibility, blaming publishers for this, merchants for that, and they are perfect. I have tried being respectful to get problems solved and have been ignored, told it was the merchants fault blah blah. After contacting the merchant and finding out CJ owes them money and what I was told by CJ was completely wrong. The only way to get anywhere is to yell and scream, and this got me banned, as well as the other "whistle blowers"(note: those of us banned have received great support from other members, and these members have repetedly suggested to CJ to do the right thing, without success). I have documented proof which I have filed away which shows CJ tried to manipulate public perception the other day during the CJ/cashpile. Lex ATTEMPTED to pick and choose the questions and to have cashpile delete questions he was not comfortable with. When Eric decided no more deletes, 14 minutes later Lex gave a thank you and left. Again, I have it all documented, this is not an I have this opinion, he has that opinion deal. I am not saying Lex left for this reason, but it was 14 minutes later, you can make up your own mind if it was coincidence or not.

Something else to consider, besides many of the $$$$$ publishers leaving in large numbers, so are advertisers. CJ usually maintained approx 1500 merchants. Since jan 1, over 1300 have left, since July 1 over 800, since aug. 1 nearing on 300. (these #s are taken from a CJ post yesterday and I have not verified them). Many are ppc merchants which has been cancelled, but many are quality PPA type merchants.

As I always say, you should do your own research and make your own decisions. Many have researched, and many have left, publishers and merchants alike.

Dave
Old 08-09-2001, 11:16 AM   #34
Dave-AHFB

Just to clarify, I will still push merchants that are at CJ, but I will not do it thru CJs system. They can make a private deal with me, or they can find another site to advertise on.

Dave
Old 08-09-2001, 11:52 AM   #35
jefff

I'm amazed at the number of people who are having problems with CJ's tracking at the moment.

Maybe I'm just lucky that the merchants I use aren't affected by the tracking problems. For the last few weeks CJ's tracking seems to be the best it's ever been.
Old 08-09-2001, 01:25 PM   #36
Bassmaster

CJ is still the leader out of all the networks. The vast majority of advertisers leaving have been piddly ones, that don't produce real commissions. I haven't seen one negative effect from all the recent CJ changes. Tracking is better than ever and checks are never late.

Really the only affiliates I've seen running for the door have been smaller ones(who think they are larger because of the easy to obtain $$$$$ rating) Most larger affilates simply don't reply(less competition) or support CJ.

The CJ boards have become a trollground for whining and crying about people not making thousands from 30 clicks sent to CJ advertisers. Well if you're only sending 30 clicks a day to your advertisers, you can't expect to see alot, and if your pushing programs that only push other affilate programs then you're spinning your wheels.

It blows me away to read all of the CJ bashing of late. Especially that scene at Cashpile the other day.
For the record:
I completely stand behind CJ and all their recent changes. Having been with them since the beginning, I have never had an issue that wasn't resolved to my satisfaction(and I'm picky). While I've had to alter my strategy a couple of times(changing adverisers, etc.), we are still doing a very respectable amount every month. No other network compares.

</cheerleading>

I suggest to all the affiliates leaving to look thru all the advertisers at CJ closely. There are some goldmines that alot of people just overlook.

Good Luck
Old 08-09-2001, 07:24 PM   #37
cagey

CJ currently shows 1252 advertisers active in their system.

Like jefff, I have seen no ill effects from Cj tracking.

I think part of the reason for all of the recent reports of tracking problems is CJ's elimination of the PPC payment model. Some affiliates were used to the instant gratification and easy verification of getting paid per click, and the reality of .5% conversion ratios and 30% chargebacks for pay per sale programs was a real slap in the face.

Also, I think the mass migration to the pay per sale programs also revealed a bunch of less than honest advertisers (and a few clueless ones), who had managed to fly under the radar in more tranquil times.

Last edited by cagey; 08-09-2001 at 07:24 PM.
Old 08-09-2001, 07:40 PM   #38
Dave-AHFB

When PPC left it had absoluteky no effect on me, I mad about $2.00 a month from cpc, My site has always been set up for CPA, until today ( i am now running just 2 ads, until I get a new script) I will also be replacing my sales pages soon, which are all but gone. I would also beg to differ on the quality of merchants and publishers that have left, I have spoken with many 4 and 5 $ publishers that have left, and seen many many more posts of those "saying" they were leaving. Usually you will not see many 1, 2, or 3 $ publishers that post.

Dave
Old 08-09-2001, 09:40 PM   #39
Taz

Default <|+

Quote:
Originally posted by Bassmaster

</cheerleading>

Erroryntax error found the closing tag for 'cheerleading' was found however its counterpart the opening tag for 'cheerleading' was not found... We suggest you fix this so browser will be able to reconise your 'cheerleading' command and thus repersent it to your viewer.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:18 PM   #40
Bassmaster

I guess now you see why I use Dreamweaver.
Old 08-09-2001, 10:23 PM   #41
JonPKibble
Member.

Why are you crying. There are hundreds of good CJ programs out there. The program does not promote itself. You must be a good affiliate marketer and promote it properly.
Old 08-10-2001, 06:18 AM   #42
LastActionHero

Hmm Jon,
I have seen a lot's of post where you have said that "you can make lot's of money using cj" espcially about pay per sale. I would be happy to know how you promote your CJ programs on your website. Do you do a write up on them ? Insert text links in your actual content? I don't want to know what program you use because obviously they may not do well on my site but just how you promote them.

Thank You.
Old 08-10-2001, 07:52 AM   #43
Dave-AHFB

I would not call Bassmaster a cheerleader, although there are plenty that will regardless of the situation. I am glad to see bassmaster doing well as well as all the others that fall into the 25% not affected. I would be much more impressed if the #s for the poll were reversed and those with improved profits were in the majority.

I will however say, to say everything is allright at CJ is completely wrong. Look at the poll, it tells a story. I know several people may have been ppc and that is the reason for the drop in revenue. But do not assume that it is the soul cause for the "whining".

I do not want to bring down the quality of the geekvillage forums, this is a respectful place, the flaming shoud be saved for the CJ forums, where disrespect is more the norm.

I am out of this thread, so as to not bring down the tone furthur. Again, do your own research, and make your own decisions. But do so intelligently.

Dave
Old 08-10-2001, 11:04 AM   #44
JonPKibble
Member.

I find it amusing that people are blaming CJ for their own failures.

I would prefer not to directly list what merchants I use as that would not only not guarantee you results (many people tell me the ones that work for me do not work for them, and that's true) but would defeat the purpose. You have to learn how to find a merchant that is good for you, through trial and error, like I did.

There is no easy road to financial freedom.

You cannot become the top 5% of affiliates on CJ by copying others.
Old 08-10-2001, 02:39 PM   #45
harry

Hi Folks

As you might have noticed, this CJ poll has started on July 28 and up till now 87 geeks have voted. Tomorrow Saturday August 11, this poll will be 2 weeks old.

As expected, people are still divided when it comes to recent changes in CJ.

Now that CJ have had its 5 minutes of fame on geek/talk , I wish to see similar, but of course not the same, polls to get an idea about the situation of affiliates at the other major networks Be Free and LinkShare. This way we shall have something to compare.

Wish you all a great weekend.

Harith
http://www.danex-exm.dk

Last edited by harry; 08-10-2001 at 05:48 PM.