Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2000, 12:36 PM   #1
zMan

Question Senac Network - Legit?

Hello Guys/Gals.

I want to know if anyone here have had any past/present experience with Senac Network @ http://www.senac.com/partners/

They pay $1.00/Gross CPM which we split 50/50% with Senac Network. So the publisher really only gets $0.50/CPM. It's not a lot, it's s***ky. But I just want to know if they are Legit or Not?

Please post your views...

- zMan
zMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2000, 04:17 PM   #2
Ralph Slate

Unhappy

I would be cautious of them. Senac had been a member of Burst Media, but Burst has recently been tossing sites that don't abide by their rules, and Senac is no longer a member -- read whatever into that that you want.

Burst has rules about putting ads on sites that you don't personally control, and if Senac was using Burst as a source of ads, that would be a reason to toss them from Burst.

Senac is definitely using Flycast to serve the ads on its site, so I can't believe that it is selling much itself. I've never heard of any of the big or medium ad companies piggybacking off another ad company -- for example, Burst doesn't pull ads from Flycast when it needs ads. So if Senac is really relying on mid-tier ad companies like Flycast and Adflight to get its revenue, and they then pass along ads to its content providers at a markdown, I would think that is a very risky business plan. When times are good, everyone is happy, but when times are bad, they can't deliver enough paying ads and they won't have money to pay their affiliates to whom they guarantee CPM rates.

I suspect that guaranteed CPM is sort of like "unlimited transfer" -- you're guaranteed until you start using too much.

Just my opinion.

Ralph

------------------
http://www.hockeydb.com
Ralph Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2000, 05:58 AM   #3
Helza

Question

Has anyone used these guys?
Experiences please http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
Helza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2000, 12:31 AM   #4
DeFraggle
Member.

Unhappy

They sent me 4 or 5 messages this year (through the feedback forms on my site) to join their "network". When I finally caved in and signed up, they never replied. Go figure. It was right about the time Burst supposedly dumped them.

Some folks on the Burst mailing list and message boards assume they were just re-selling ads from other companies, including Burst Media. I'm not sure if that's a smart thing to do with how things are going these days.

DeFrag
DeFraggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 10:19 AM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Unhappy

Just for the purposes of an update, it seems that Senac has now moved to reselling banners from another agency.

As mentioned above, they were removed from Burst! (maybe due to reselling), and started using Flycast. Well, now there's no sign of Flycast ads on their site, and Senac seem to be a member of About.com's Luna Network. Their ad sales page now states that they serve ads using DoubleClick's Dart server which, coincidentally http://geekvillage.com/ubb/wink.gif, About.com also uses.

I, too, have received several invitations to join their service, but have resisted doing so due to these concerns. Does anyone here have any experience with Senac?

------------------
Czar
Net-Ads: Get More Hits. Make More Money.
www.net-ads.com
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2001, 11:54 AM   #6
fatale

Unhappy

Although I don't have any experience with Senac, and I did receive several spam messages inviting to join their network, I can say that reselling ads from another ad network is not something totally unusual even for big banner networks. I remember when ClearBlueMedia was serving Advertising.com banners among others. But when ad network solely relies on reselling banners from other networks, this is completely different story.

------------------
Play online Chess and other games with real opponents.
No additional software to download, free registration, global ranking.
--> http://GameKnot.com <--
fatale is offline   Reply With Quote