Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > geek/yak
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-07-2004, 10:13 PM   #1
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Thumbs up GV/Forums SOLD - Congrats Czar

The announcement:

Hello Members and Guests,

Thank you for your great support and help these last 6+ years. I wanted to let you know that I have sold GeekVillage.com (Including the Forums) to a long time friend and Senior Moderator named Joshua Smith (member name Czar). This action was required because of a terminal illness in my immediate family, which requires my attention and prevents me from spending the necessary time with GV. I will still be around for transition issues and my new role will be that of a Consultant for the GV Community.

Czar/Josh is an outstanding person who has years of experience with commerce on the internet, is a full time web professional, and has served on the GV Community Moderator team for nearly five years. He also shares my passion for a quality environment and extremely high standards for moral and ethical behavior. Our current team of Moderators remains unchanged and collectively provides over 20+ years of Management experience in the GV Community.

I'm so very proud of your accomplishments. You have built the premiere resource in our space. The envy of nearly every other Community. Often imitated but never duplicated. A Mainstream Community which thrives on Quality and dialog conducted in a civil and respectful fashion. A Community comprised of Networks who sit along side Publishers and learn from each other. I'm very confident that under the leadership of Czar/Josh we will continue to prosper. Congratulations and best wishes to all. You have much to be proud of.

Our current Advertisers will receive an email from me in the next few hours which provides contact data and other information. Your Campaign continues to run with no changes or interruption.

A respectful note to private detectives in training : I will have no further comment about my personal family life and or any details about the sale, since both Josh and myself have executed an NDA (Non Disclosure Agreement). So, please don't ask either of us or make "conjecture/guess" posts about either issue. Thank you in advance for your anticipated cooperation and continued support.

Respectfully yours,

Steve_S
GV Consultant
1998-2004 by iOnline Pty Ltd (ACN 091 954 380). All rights reserved.

Good luck Josh
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:11 PM   #2
Jokerman

Congratulations to Czar. I've no doubt you will continue the high standard set by GV's former owner.

Good luck and best wishes to Steve. Thanks for creating a site which has given me (and, I'm sure, thousands of others) a wealth of knowledge ...and a more moderate wealth in sponsors, whom I never heard of before reading reports about them here. You set high standards, but from what I have seen, you always kept them -- that's pretty rare.
Jokerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2004, 11:57 PM   #3
Gracklor

Congrats, Czar!

Best wishes to you and your family, Steve, as you deal with this. If you ever need anything, you know where you can come!
Gracklor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 12:48 AM   #4
Czar

Webmaster

Thank you guys. Although Steve and I certainly have some loose ends to tie up throughout this transitional period, Geek/Talk will retain its same sense of community and purpose during and following its change of ownership.

Believe me, nobody here has heard the last of Steve_S. We will continue to support Steve and he will continue to watch over the Village, albeit in a capacity that allows him greater time to spend on the important things in life.

The Village will always remain Steve's baby to some degree, particularly in the eyes of those of us who have grown under his tutelage for the past several years. His stamp will remain in the features that it offers and in the terms that bind its operation, even if minor design elements and feature offerings evolve in a different direction from this point forward.

For those concerned about time-zone issues relating to the ownership shifting to an Australian company, please know that iOnline will continue to support the same enthusiastic and giving collective of moderators to maintain the productive nature of exchange on the board 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will continue to guard against abuse and to offer advice where possible all day, every day in an effort to keep Geek/Talk at the top of its game.

Importantly, the lovely Jan will come on-board as a co-Admin to keep things ticking over. Jan's tireless generosity and immense industry knowledge is sure to be an asset both to the operation of GeekVillage and to the quality of its discourse.

Together, we look forward to serving you to the best of our abilities.

Viva la Village!

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:10 AM   #5
Jack

Steve, you've done an utterly fantastic job in creating this community. This forum was a primary source of my early learning about all aspects of online business so I have a very special link to it. I'm confident Czar will continue to keep the community running well and continue to build on it. Good luck to both of you!
Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 01:22 AM   #6
Jan

Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Czar
For those concerned about time-zone issues relating to the ownership shifting to an Australian company, please know that iOnline will continue to support the same enthusiastic and giving collective of moderators to maintain the productive nature of exchange on the board 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
You always did keep strange hours

Steve's baby couldn't be in better hands than Czar's and I look forward to working with him

Congratulations to you both
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:26 AM   #7
cheznoir
Member.

Congrats to czar, but even more so - my condolences steve. You have done a great job here and it must be hard to give up your baby. I hope the best of luck with your family issue and may your path be one of the least pain.

Chet
cheznoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:47 AM   #8
OneSearchPlace

Steve, I wish you and your family all the best! Health is first, everything else is not important. Good luck!
OneSearchPlace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 08:46 AM   #9
Robert from SI

Steve, Best wishes...

Czar, Get working!
Old 10-08-2004, 09:25 AM   #10
Chazhound

Cool

I wish you and yours the very best Steve. I have just went through a serious family issue and know how it drains time from your online activities. But family is first.

Congratulations Czar. I have probably read every post you have made on the village and your work and dedication to the forum and the web is just astounding to me.

And congrats Jan on your new role. You surly deserve the recognition and display a true devotion for helping webmasters.

What a great team and forum. Thank goodness it will remain in great hands.

Last edited by Chazhound; 10-08-2004 at 09:25 AM.
Chazhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 02:07 PM   #11
Steve_S

Thumbs up

Thanks all. Your thoughts in this thread mean a great deal to me. Plus, a thanks to those many Advertisers who took the time to email me with best wishes and warm thoughts.

Yep, selling the "baby" did in fact produce a few emotional moments but what was and is most important was insuring that the Community continues to prosper with outstanding leadership. Change is good and I'm 110% sure that Czar/Josh and his talented team will not only continue the high standards which all of you have built and maintained but improve the Community.

Please continue to tell your friends and associates about the "Village". Have a great weekend.

Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2004, 03:48 PM   #12
georgec

Very best of luck to you Steve and your family. I'll know GV is in good hands, and will continue to participate whenever I can.
georgec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 03:01 PM   #13
Aaron Dragushan

All the best to you Steve, your priorities are 100% in the right place.

This board is where so many of us got started, learning from each other as the online world went through its many early upheavals, and it's still the first place I look for news and high-level discussion.

A big Thank You Steve and Congrats to Czar.
Aaron Dragushan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2004, 06:21 PM   #14
Jarusa

Firstly, to Steve my best wishes to you for the future and a very big thank you for creating such an excellent forum that has helped me and many others trying to make a go of it on the net. You have helped change a lot of lives for the better.

And to Czar congratulations, you and Steve have always seemed like kindred spirits and the fact that you now own geekvillage means the quality of the forum is ensured to continue.
Jarusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2004, 12:02 AM   #15
brian 2468

Steve......... Best wishes, and thanks for creating a great forum

Czar........ We know Geekvillage is in good hands good luck
brian 2468 is offline   Reply With Quote