Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2003, 01:37 PM   #1
jokearound

Default amazon + google = bad for affiliates? :(

Looks like amazon has a deal going with google to display their adwords inside the google search results..

http://biz.yahoo.com/rc/030403/tech_amazon_3.html

I bet this will lead to :

- lower affiliate conversions
- affiliates NOT getting paid for clicks on these ads

fantastic
jokearound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2003, 02:07 PM   #2
firstmark

Sounds like it. Amazon is so sneaky with their affiliate program.
firstmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 08:24 AM   #3
1lit

I'm surprised nobody else has kicked-up a fuss about the Google search box now appearing at Amazon.com. Surely this is going to affect affiliate sales big time, as we earn no money from customers visiting sponsored or free links provided by Google @ Amazon?

Been doing some research and there are sponsored links all over the place. Ouch!!

Problem is that, as I predicted several years ago, Amazon have such a strangehold on the market that I doubt if sales would be as high if us affiliates switched our links to Powells or some other co.

Anybody tried B&N/Powells? What have been sales ratios been like?
1lit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 11:49 AM   #4
Czar

Webmaster

Nadeem, never fear, your concerns are shared widely.

In fact, if you look a few threads up - to the sticky/important post in this very forum - you'll note that one of our busiest and most heated discussions of late concerns this very issue, with many members opting out of their relationships with Amazon as a result.

See for yourself:
http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=20858

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2003, 06:16 PM   #5
1lit

<ASHAMEDLY>I'm sorry. Didn't notice sticky post. I tend to ignore them, like the top few results in Overture-powered search engines! For a while I thought I was the only one who was annoyed by Amazon.com's change.</ASHAMEDLY>
1lit is offline   Reply With Quote