Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2001, 11:53 AM   #1
JJJay

Default Info needed on fantasearch.com

I just recevied an email from www.fantasearch.com and they want to advertise on my site, they didn't say how they wish to advertise. Has anybody had any experiences with www.fantasearch.com Thanks
JJJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 07:34 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

Hi JJJay,

I received that mail also, about a week ago.

Within it, Steve C nonted that he'd like to know how to advertise on one of my sites. Given that the email included no personal information or the name of my site (only the URL was included) and since there's an obvious link to my media kit on the front page of the site in question, I grew suspicious and have not yet responded.

If you contact Steve and he does turn out to be a real media buyer for FantaSearch, please let us know here. I imagine that if both of we received this, a few more Geek/Talkers would have done so as well.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2001, 09:14 PM   #3
JJJay

Hi Czar,

Yes I also think the email was sent by a lurker to this forum, the email was sent to a 3 day old email address which hasn't been spamed yet and it did include the url of my website, it was a short email and I'm sure identical to yours, since I am looking for advertisers I replied back asking for further information. I will keep you up to date if anything comes out of it.

Regards Jason
Old 10-11-2001, 02:30 AM   #4
vays

Hi guys,

I also received that e-mail and after I asked for more info one of representative contact me with details.

They offer popups at 2$ CPM
Their popups are 100% copy of popups from celebritywonder.com. You can see example at:
http://www.fantasearch.com/sample.html

According to previous posts celebritywonder is a reliable company and I don't see any reason to go with newbie that offers absolutely the same service.

Just my 0,02$
vays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 02:39 AM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Thanks vays.

No thanks, FantaSearch.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2001, 09:53 AM   #6
JJJay

Czar they replied with the exact same offer as Vays of $2 cpm popups, looks like they send default emails all the time