Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-13-2001, 09:54 PM   #1
nima

Question does anyone know anything about adorigin.com?

Hi I cam accross this site called adorigin.com and I think what they do is they get advertisers for your site, but I think I am not quite right what it really is. Can anyone tell me if they are good and if they really get advertisers for my site or is there actach to this? and is nayoen currently doing this with them or any other company?
nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 10:19 PM   #2
Strider

I have a customer that tried them out on a site and they got dismal results. They seem to just be running other ads at very low CPC rates and have a very very limited supply of CPM ads. I don't think they sell much on their own.
Strider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2001, 11:39 PM   #3
Czar

Webmaster

Some other members have raised suspicions regarding the company's reporting accuracy, and the potentially misleading copy on their site. What is clear is that, as Strider noted, they do resell for other networks, which degrades their appeal.

You may find plenty more info about the firm within the following recent thread:
http://66.33.83.213/forums/showthrea...light=AdOrigin

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 12:22 AM   #4
5kan
Member.

Anyone got their checks ???
5kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 12:25 AM   #5
CitySky

Angry

Adorigin use DoubleClick and 247Meida for hosting or reselling their banners.

The CPM program with pop up seems do not count click rate. When users click hosting banners from DoubleClick and 247Media, CPM is counted but click rate does not count.

I am sure that some users click banners, but it is not counted. With the low CTR , I think some advertisers will not pay the CPM banners revenue.

Please check the counter of Adorigin and I am using new CPM with pop up windows.

Last edited by CitySky; 08-14-2001 at 12:29 AM.
CitySky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 03:43 AM   #6
nima

are there any other sites liek this one but better that sell your ads for you and get you advertisers?
nima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2001, 07:56 AM   #7
Lil_Red

Thumbs down

We have not been paid by them either.
Lil_Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2001, 03:04 PM   #8
Carm

still waiting for august's check

Carm is offline   Reply With Quote