Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-13-2001, 12:28 AM   #1
Nintendo
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Cool Holiday Shopping, when does it start on-line?

Does any one know about when the holiday shopping starts geting big on-line? Just woundering because I just got an Amazon.com shock of 73 items being ordered through my links, in one day, on November 8th. Before that my record was 20 items being ordered in one day.

The only other things I can think of that might of increased the sales was adding a few thousand lisings in a few PPC search engines, and the domain finally being listed in altavista.com, but those have only increased the number of unique visitors by about 80 a day, to ordervideogames.com, and I get around 4,000 uniques a day counting my content sites, and the last amazon.com change on those was on the 16th of October, when I added the Recommends links.

BTW, the Recommends links are great!!! On the day I got 73 items ordered, all but seven items were ordered through the Recommends links, even though Individual Item links got 1,139 clicks, and the Recommends links got just 975 clicks.

Any other tips for increasing sales besides PPC search engines and Recommends links?
Nintendo is offline   Reply With Quote