Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Business Principles > StopScum > StopScum Screen Captures
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2001, 11:05 AM   #1
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow IMPORTANT: Forum Rules/Procedures

Hello,

This Forum is ONLY for screen captures of sites which have been defaced with KazAa/TopText and other similar technologies. Please insure your post includes the URL of the offending company and or licensees just like Senior Member Hope has done. Please caption your screens with before and after so the media and those less geeky than us can easily understand the issue we are trying to convey.

ALL screen captures in this Forum will be hosted on my server to speed up the loading of the thread and save you bandwidth costs. You can also post them anywhere else you want and you still own them. In some cases I might have to edit them for clarity but you remain the original author. As each screen capture appears, we will then upload the image to my server and change the link. If you don't want me to do this for some reason please indicate same in your post

Edit: 8/29/01 - Any screen capture that I post may be used on any other sites. NO ATTRIBUTION is required. Just do it please and insure that you do not link to mine. Upload them to your own server and proceed.

Edit: 12/30/01 - Including screen captures of procedures which Hijack aka Exploit a surfers browser settings.

[IMG] Tags are enabled. NO other types of screen captures are permitted. Any screen capture which does not comply will result in the immediate suspension/banning of your Membership in geek/talk. Please note, we do not issue warnings.

Your screen capture should document what these technologies do to your links/site. Please include the URL that the link uses, providing it is not Adult in nature. Please insure that your screen capture is suitable for a mainstream Webmaster centric Community.

Please DO NOT hot link to these images. Contact the author of the post for permission and procedures.

Thank you.

Last edited by Steve_S; 12-30-2001 at 06:45 PM.
Old 08-25-2001, 11:16 AM   #2
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Wink

August 25, 2001 (PST - San Diego, California)

Forum is open.

Please change your external links. Please post your screen captures in our new location.

Thank you.

Last edited by Steve_S; 08-25-2001 at 11:19 AM.
Closed Thread