Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Business Principles > StopScum
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-09-2001, 10:13 AM   #1
OC

Question Is KazAa spyware? I know BearShare is...

Some one posted in here that BearShare was spyware. Is Kazaa spyware? I recently found http://www.KazAa.com which allows you to search their network without their software (the search hasn't worked for weeks now). I was tempted enough to download their software, but my anti-virus software showed the attempts to change registries on my computer.

They seem to have a lot of users (I believe it is #4 or #6 on C|Net's Download.com). I was even able to find an MP3 of a rare song that was only released on tape millions of years ago (Perry Como's "I love you and don't you forget it", in case you're curious).

Is it SpyWare? What lists exist to check if it is? Pretty great Napster alternative (for downloading legal MP3 files), but I won't install it until a fellow geek gives me the go-ahead.
OC is offline   Reply With Quote