Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Marketing Your Website Online
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-14-2000, 09:23 PM   #1
Edwin

Unhappy Promoting a free email service

As many of you know, I run Emailaddresses.com, which is the Web's top free email resource. The site gets over 150,000 monthly visitors.

Now I have a new way for people who run a free email service to promote their site: a Top Free Email Services Directory (essentially a "Top List" of free email services)

I will be linking the rest of the site to the Directory in a few hours, but I wanted to start populating it already.

So if you run a free email service (even if it's cobranded with Everyone.net, ZZN.com or similar) please hurry over and get it listed... for a little while at least you're not going to face much competition!

The url you need to go to: http://www.emailaddresses.com/ar/

Please let me know if you spot any bugs!

Edwin

------------------
Free Email Address Directory: 1,000+ free email services. http://www.emailaddresses.com/
Edwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2000, 04:51 AM   #2
funpage

Unhappy

Edwin, just out of curiosity do you own any e-mail sites that offer e-mail services to users?

The thing about a topsite list for e-mail addresses seems to be a turn off for my e-mail sites. This seems to encourage loyal users to find a new e-mail address, and/or new visitors to sign up under someone elses site.

[This message has been edited by funpage (edited 08-15-2000).]
funpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2000, 05:17 AM   #3
Edwin

Unhappy

No, I don't own any free email services. I prefer to remain impartial in reviewing them.

As for the Top Sites, it won't appeal to everyone, for sure... but since I don't allow people using Everyone.net, ZZN, BN3 and other "template" providers to list in the main directory it is, in theory at least, a good way to get more traffic.

I frankly can't predict how many people will visit the Top Sites section of Emailaddresses.com but I would be astonished if it's less than 10,000 people a month. Split between a maximum 100 listed sites, and you can see that it can be a welcome traffic boost to smaller providers.

Incidentally, the Top Free Email Services Directory is now linked from all pages of Emailaddresses.com so I expect traffic is already flowing there.

Edwin

------------------
Free Email Address Directory: 1,000+ free email services. http://www.emailaddresses.com/
Old 08-15-2000, 11:14 AM   #4
funpage

Unhappy

It sounds better now, with you linking it from your popular emailaddresses site to bring in more traffic to the listed sites. I must of skipped over that part.
Tim
funpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2000, 03:34 PM   #5
Edwin

Unhappy

Just a follow-up... my site has sent 395 visitors total to the listed sites since I launched the Top Lists last night. And no incoming visitors yet... so I guess for early listees it's working out pretty well http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Edwin

------------------