Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-20-2001, 07:37 AM   #76
Alan Holden

Unhappy

Hello All,

First I want everyone to know I've read every posting placed here on this subject.
Please take a moment to read my thoughts on this matter.

For Your Info.
I'm the owner of FunLaugh.com I have been a MailBits.com affiliate since the 16th. Day of August, 1999. Affiliate #4663 to be exact. We've been there since the birth of Mailbits.com

Mailbits.com Tech. Support ?
With over 600 Thousand affiliates I think they do pretty well. At least when you do get a reply it's from a real person and not just an auto reply like most sites.
I would suggest if you email them to use nice wording. I don't know about them but I would find myself sending a reply much faster to a nice email rather than one full of I WANT MY CHECK NOW YOU - - - - ! And so on...

Didn't Get Your Check ?
I received the same email everyone else did.
And yes, I had to prove to them where our traffic was coming from before I got paid. In fact my check was more than a month late.
If you mail them ( snail mail ) the legitimate information they asked for, you will get paid. That much I'm sure of.

OK, LET'S ALL BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS US.
I can't believe how quickly so many have forgotten how well MailBits.com has treated them.
Remember All Those Months When You Got A Bonus Added To Your Check.. huh ?
Well, I Do. Hey, they didn't have to do that but they did because of the kind of company they are.

I'm not going to tell you what I think you should do. That's your decision to make.

For What It's Worth & For The Record:
Mailbits.com ( Andrew Warner & Company ) have earned my Trust over the years.
To That End, I will place the Good Future and or Failure of FunLaugh.com and my other sites in that Trust.
In Fact, I Just Did.

Kind Regards,
Alan Holden
CEO: FunLaugh.com

------------------
Alan Holden
CEO: FunLaugh.com
A Trusted Family Site Since 1996
Alan Holden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2001, 10:46 AM   #77
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Hi Alan,

Welcome to geek/talk and thanks for your post http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

I think it might be helpfull if you could please post the time line of your account resolution.

How many business days between each step? Or, the length of time (business days) it took from start to finish?

I think this will help other members understand how long these issues can take and adjust their exspectations.

------------------
Steve_S
Administrator/Owner/Webmaster/Tribal Chief/Janitor
Read what our Members think of geek/talk.
"Adversity has the effect of eliciting talents, which in prosperous circumstances would have lain dormant." -Horace
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 01:33 AM   #78
jemma

Location: New York City: From Ground Zero to Ground of Heroes
Unhappy

Alan Holden wrote: Mailbits.com Tech. Support? With over 600 Thousand affiliates I think they do pretty well...OK, LET'S ALL BITE THE HAND THAT FEEDS US. I can't believe how quickly so many have forgotten how well MailBits.com has treated them. Remember All Those Months When You Got A Bonus Added To Your Check.. huh ? Well, I Do. Hey, they didn't have to do that but they did because of the kind of company they are.

Hi Alan,

Sadly, this board has many posts by people describing once reliable affiliate programs that are no longer deserving of respect, trust, or affiliation.

In general, I think it's fair to say that, given the current state of affiliate marketing, past business practices may no longer be the best predictor of a company's future behavior or actions.

That your experiences have led to one conclusion about Mailbits doesn't make the experiences of people who have reached a negative conclusion any less valid, nor a case of "biting the hand that feeds them". I can't speak for others, but there was nothing "quick" about our review of the facts, and our conclusions. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

Alan Holden wrote: I'm not going to tell you what I think you should do. That's your decision to make.

I think those are wise words. With any affiliate program, people need to look at both sides of an issue, and decide their own potential risk or benefit in joining. Glad we could agree on something! http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Jemma

A point of information about the number of Mailbits' active affiliates: At different times Chris (the affiliate manager) and Richard (the financial controller) have said there are appx 100,000. Maybe the 600,000 number comes from the number of affiliates signed up over the lifetime of the company.

jemma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 10:13 AM   #79
Knut

Cool

I got the check today! :-)

(I said I was going to post when I received it, and now I did :-)
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 10:36 AM   #80
ehudal

Unhappy

Got mine as well(3400$) for Jan. and Feb..
They asked me for a proof of my traffic and after i supplied it they sent me the check.(edit: if i wouldnt have contacted them regarding it i dont know if i they would have even began an investgation of my account by now,so to all of you who are waiting for a check,contact them!)

Ehud

[This message has been edited by ehudal (edited 05-23-2001).]
ehudal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2001, 10:47 AM   #81
Czar

Webmaster

Cool

Congrats to you both. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

Now, we all have to cross our fingers and hope that Jemma and the others see their payments soon, so as to avoid further court action.

Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 09:32 AM   #82
vays

Cool

Let me introduce You one more happy affilate - me http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif
My huge cheque just arrived to my mailbox.
I live in Russia so good luck to all other international affiliates who are waiting for their cheques.
vays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 08:02 PM   #83
JonPKibble
Member.

Unhappy

Congrats, Vays. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
Get Virtually Stupid! Visit http://www.funnywebsite.com
JonPKibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2001, 08:21 PM   #84
cco

Unhappy

Hi all. I joined Mailbits about a year ago and I have to say that my experience with them has been very positive. Yes, sometimes they don't respond to email, but this has been my only gripe. I have been paid every month on time, with large bonuses that I wasn't expecting. When I got the email from Chris regarding the info they wanted about my sites, I didn't understand exactly what they wanted. The great thing was that Chris included his phone number in the email with an invitation to phone him if we had any concerns. So, I did, and guess what? Chris is a real person and a nice one at that. We discussed the legitimacy of my traffic for 15 or 20 minutes and he assured me that I would be paid. And I have been, every penny. I don't claim to know why others are being persecuted, but I can only speak from my own experience. I hope you all get the same satisfaction that I have and get this stuff resolved quickly. I make good money from Mailbits and hope they are not sued into receivership. Good luck to all.
cco is offline   Reply With Quote