Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-04-2001, 02:59 PM   #1
hobbnet

Unhappy Attempting to make advertising revenue for the first time

I am trying to make money through advertising for the first time. I figure this is probably one of the best times to do it since if I can manage to make some money it can only get better at this current state of the market.

So the let me give you a little info on my site: http://www.essaysfree.com

For example today, sunday, I have receieved 400 unique visitors and have 8 hours left in the day so, I should reach around 550 unique visitors at the end of the day.

As for revenue I have impleted the AllClicks exit program and at the current rate will be making about $1 a day from that program which is fine since it pays for the server cost and then some. I have also put a mailbits Tell-A-Friend link on the mainpage. I have had no success with this program so far (it has been there for 2 days) and have yet to receive ANY revenue from it. I know I could do some things to make the click through a little better but I am discouraged because I have received NO revenue from it so far.

The growth rate of the site has been very rapid. I expect to have around 1,000 uniques per day by the end of march, possibly more.

I have read the forums here for over a year now but I haven't really absorbed a lot in the "Making Money" forums since I never really looked to make money from advertising on my webpages.

So any suggestions as to how I could optimize revenue would be great!

Thanks.
hobbnet is offline   Reply With Quote