Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-22-2000, 01:28 PM   #1
gladius

Unhappy

Hi all,

I shut off flycast completely this morning when I awoke to find 50,000 impressions registering as 11,500 accordign to flycast! Hopefully they will fix this bit soon.

gladius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2000, 02:31 PM   #2
ccole
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Unhappy

I thought most people have already switched off of Flycast because their rates got lowered. Am I under a false impression? What are their rates now?

------------------
<A HREF="http://www.colehosting.com" TARGET=_blank>
http://www.colehosting.com</A>
Hosting, Custom CGI Scripts, and Design
ccole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2000, 11:03 PM   #3
Ralph Slate

Unhappy Did anyone else notice a Flycast stats discrepancy for yesterday?

Flycast just switched over their reporting screens. The data seems to be available real-time, or at the very least is updated the same day the traffic occurs.

However, I believe that yesterday's numbers are lower than they should be. And I don't think it's because of Flycast being down or because of someone hitting my site with the images turned off.

I redirect my Flycast defaults to Burst. I also track the ratio between Burst and Flycast. My Burst impressions are usually about 125-135% of my Flycast defaults. It is over 100% because I have some pages that have Burst code on them, so the impressions never go through Flycast.

Yesterday I had 32,000 Burst impressions, but Flycast said it only sent 16,500 impressions to default. So my ratio is 195% rather than 125-130%.

My true impressions (from my logs) were consistent for the past 4 days, and my Burst traffic has been consistent too. And except for yesterday, my Flycast traffic was consistent.

All signs point to undercounting by Flycast.

I initially thought that maybe they switched from Pacific to Eastern time zones, but their site explicity states that they are on Pacific time zone. If they switched from Eastern to Pacific time, then I should gain impressions in a day, not lose them, because if their program ran at 12 midnight ET, it would now run at 12 midnight PT, which would put 3 more hours in the day.

Does anyone have any insight on this? Is it just a one-time glitch?

Ralph

------------------
http://www.hockeydb.com
Ralph Slate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2000, 11:32 PM   #4
Tyme

Unhappy

Oddly enough, I experienced the same thing. I checked one of my sites that is digustingly consistent and my stats are half of what they normally are. I checked it against my log and my logs have a higher number more consistent to what the impressions usually are.

I called my rep and left a message. I think it is a one time glitch but I will check it tomorrow.

------------------
Tyme
SoftwareTyme
Tyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2000, 05:59 AM   #5
VW

Thumbs up

Flycast rates are about 1.75-2.75 CPM including default. excluding default it will jump to 3-4 CPM
VW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2000, 10:18 AM   #6
RaviJP

Unhappy

uh no, is that before or after commission ? I'm getting a $1.12 including defaults and no commission taken yet.

Ravi

------------------
SiteRoute
"Keep Your Website Moving --&gt;"
10,320 lyrics..and more
RaviJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2000, 10:30 AM   #7
Ramses

Unhappy

Same there, I get 1.20 CPM effective before commission... sad amount of money for good CTR. http://geekvillage.com/ubb/frown.gif

The reporting discrepancies seem to have been corrected as of yesterday.

------------------
René-Marc Simard
SciFlicks.com - Sci-Fi Movies Multimedia
Ramses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2000, 12:16 PM   #8
VW

Cool

I know many sites that are getting over $2 net CPM including the default. Compare to Burst these same sites get $0.90-1.00 net.
If you use burst as default for flycast your net CPM should jump to 3 - 3.50 CPM Which is not that bad.
Ps. If your site has Canadian visitors you should be getting very high CPM. Royal Bank and many other Canadian firms are advertising heavily on Internet. since they are targeting Canadian domins only the CPM is much higher than other run of the network
ads. For example Royal bank is paying ca$27.00 CPM to Flycast.

------------------
NeuAds.com
Intelligent Advertising Solutions
http://www.neuads.com
Old 09-23-2000, 07:41 PM   #9
Ralph Slate

Unhappy

Ramses: The discrepancy isn't cleared up for Sept. 21, although the 22nd seems fine. But they are still underreporting the 21st, and it's not a case of ads not showing -- they showed, we just didn't get credit for them.

VW: I wish I could get some Canadian ads -- I would estimate that 30-40% of my visitors are Canadian, and my site is devoted 100% to hockey -- that's about as Canadian a content as can be. I'm not getting any Royal Bank ads.

Ralph

------------------
Old 09-23-2000, 07:49 PM   #10
VW

Unhappy

Ralph Slate, I think you are using Flycast's CPC and not the CPM program.
Old 09-23-2000, 07:50 PM   #11
RaviJP

Unhappy

I guess hockey fans aren't into banking ?

------------------
SiteRoute
"Keep Your Website Moving --&gt;"
10,320 lyrics..and more
RaviJP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2000, 06:05 AM   #12
Ralph Slate

Unhappy

No, I'm definitely in the CPM network -- I bring in over 1 million adviews per month. I have ads listed for GM Canada, but no Royal Bank. Maybe they're targetted Canadian Financial sites.

Ralph

------------------
Old 09-24-2000, 06:10 AM   #13
VW

Unhappy

We have many sites in our network and one of Soccer sites is getting royal bank and GM ads. Another thing to mention is your CTR. If a banner gets below standard CTR it will be dropped

------------------
NeuAds.com
Intelligent Advertising Solutions
http://www.neuads.com