Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Domain Names
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-10-2007, 08:12 AM   #1
s.herzig

Default Buying a domain from someone

Hi everyone,

About one and a half years ago I wanted to buy a domain name, I always put it aside until one day I decided to go ahead and register it. Turns out, someone did so 2 days earlier -.-

Alright, so my first thought was: gee, think of another one. But after noticing that this domain name (which had no traffic whatsoever coming to it) was used as one of those "find something interesting" pages full of useless links (if you know what I mean), I decided to try and get hold of the owner and purchase the domain off him. Now, I tried this for several months, contacting the registrar, resp. the host, the person listed in the whois (even found his msn live page), tried emailing him several times, adding him to msn messenger, etc, but everything failed.

So, my big question to all of you :-) any expert tipps? Did I miss something? I really want this domain.

Cheers,

-Sebastian
s.herzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2007, 08:53 AM   #2
weilies

k, first of all, you need to know whether the domain is blacklisted by famous search engine. else you will wasting your money buying this.
weilies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 01:11 AM   #3
Catom
Member.

Everydody has it's experise .we should share together , then wew can get the best
Catom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:45 PM   #4
IndianapolisSeo

Well I have a feeling the owner doesnt want to sell the domain and is building a website on it. Or he is a domain broker.
IndianapolisSeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 04:52 AM   #5
TrustNobody

Sebastian I can recommend you to get in contact with one of brokers from sedo , If there is any way to contact the owner of the domain they can find it for you ( i`m not affiliate with sedo by any way ) and I think honestly they are good company ..
TrustNobody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2009, 08:33 AM   #6
vik88
Member.

don't you want to share them for everyone?! =)
vik88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 05:53 AM   #7
interval

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.herzig View Post
About one and a half years ago I wanted to buy a domain name, I always put it aside until one day I decided to go ahead and register it. Turns out, someone did so 2 days earlier -.-
I think this is a godaddy story. Be awared they monitor researched domains after your session expires. If they like a domain name that was not registered within the session, they bookmark it, hopping to sell it better.

So, do not waist your time anymore, contact the broker. Next time, take care and register what you like.
interval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:22 AM   #8
Moocha

I would hazard a guess even if you do manage to get in touch with the owner you wont like the price asked for. Have you considered purchasing the domain with a different prefix .de, .net etc you still get the name you want but just a different extension.
Moocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2009, 06:44 AM   #9
Jan

Administrator

This thread is over a year old, so I guess the question is, did you end up getting it Sebastian?
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 09:49 PM   #10
joeljonathan
Member.

Use a domain broker or domain buy agent from a big company like Sedo or GoDaddy and see if they can acquire it for you.
joeljonathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2015, 07:31 PM   #11
Grant Elliott

To me it’s not such a wise idea to go with purchasing it from someone since domains are very cheap now so why risk the money by doing that instead now we can directly buy it from GoDaddy and get massive discount. I am currently getting .Com domain at just 99 cents with the coupon code “99word” so this is wonderful offer for me.
Grant Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2015, 12:49 AM   #12
Raizo

I would hazard a guess even if you do manage to get in touch with the owner you wont like the price asked for. Have you considered purchasing the domain with a different prefix .de, .net etc you still get the name you want but just a different extension.
Raizo is offline   Reply With Quote