Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Domain Names
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-24-2014, 12:28 AM   #1
Czar

Webmaster

Exclamation Google to start selling domains

Hi all,

This one is good news for consumers, but not great news for those of us who derive revenue from selling domains, either at the registrar or reseller level.

Google applied for ICANN accreditation a few years ago, but didn't make any rapid moves into the space, which lead some to believe that they were seeking accreditation for a reason other than for the retail sale of domain names. This week, though, they revealed that they will indeed be selling domains direct to the general public, with the beta launch of Google Domains.

At the moment, the service is invite-only, but no doubt Google is gearing up to open the floodgates once they've worked any niggles out of the system.

Read more here:
http://www.businessspectator.com.au/...-about-domains

How do you feel about the big G moving in on this market?

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 09:19 AM   #2
promoters4

Do you mean Google will start registering domains like godaddy and other registrars? Or you mean Google will start selling old domains and pagerank domains?

Can you clear this to me?
promoters4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:18 PM   #3
Grant Elliott

Google is a huge company to pull off anything they like but I am really doubtful that they are going to do this as GoDaddy is already well established so it’s likely to have any competition. I am using GoDaddy only especially with lovely promo code “99Word” which will give us .Com domain for 99 cents so that’s really cool offer!
Grant Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #4
PapiaKhatunAsha

I mostly prefer GoDaddy and that’s why I buy all the domains from auctions only as they are extremely popular and highly ranked names so it’s great for me and currently I am able to get the membership for auction at very cheap rates thanks to the wonderful coupon code “auction12” as this gives me 50% off for buying membership for auction.
PapiaKhatunAsha is offline   Reply With Quote