Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FOUNDATION: Web Hosting & Domains > Domain Names
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2007, 03:51 AM   #1
ilovehoo

Exclamation don't buy extra cheap domain from small registrars

i register a .org domain at estdomains.com for only $1 but after that i find estdomains.com is a hosting company that host many spamers' sites and my domain is in danger~ remind me of registerfly.com...

so i learn a lesson:cheapest is the dearest...
ilovehoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 11:27 PM   #2
dannybedor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovehoo View Post
i register a .org domain at estdomains.com for only $1 but after that i find estdomains.com is a hosting company that host many spamers' sites and my domain is in danger~ remind me of registerfly.com...

so i learn a lesson:cheapest is the dearest...
Domain is a different business. Unlike web hosting, your domain is not actually reside in your web hosting provider. It maintain by a certain ICANN Accreditted Registrar.

If you had any problem with your domain then you can try to contact the ICANN Acreditted Registrar's of your domain.

After a quick look, the estdomains is using ResellerClub (or known as Directi) as their ICANN Acreditted Registrar.
dannybedor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2008, 09:04 AM   #3
xmsmmgrs

I don`t even care about small registrars, I only buy domains from Godaddy! i don`t trust the rest of them.
xmsmmgrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2008, 10:12 AM   #4
Zila1

godaddy is definitely the best. well, the most reliable at leastl. Who saves that pays twice...
Zila1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 10:13 AM   #5
vik88
Member.

Smile

well.. actually i think that it depends on everybody wishes! if you want cheap and ready to stand spam - you can buy cheap! in other cases - it's better to think one more time!
vik88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 03:43 PM   #6
IndianapolisSeo

Godaddy.com with the wholesale pricing is pretty good. If there is another company out there with cheaper pricing and good quality, I would like to know who they are. Any ideas?
IndianapolisSeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2010, 10:53 PM   #7
winsonong

So fast deal with Godaddy no problem. I do trust him.
winsonong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2015, 07:37 PM   #8
Grant Elliott

This is a big mistake that new comers often do as they think it’s great to buy cheap domains from new registrars but I don’t find it worth anything since the reputation is so low that selling later becomes impossible. I love to do this but with a settled site like GoDaddy. In fact, I am doing that currently with their latest promo coupon “99WORD” and this helps with getting domain at 99cents so I can sell it with higher price to get benefit.
Grant Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:19 AM   #9
anynewsbd

Godaddy is one of the best in the world i think.
anynewsbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 07:50 PM   #10
Grant Elliott

Quote:
Originally Posted by anynewsbd View Post
Godaddy is one of the best in the world i think.
Yes, I agree with you mate GoDaddy is indeed the best and you know why? It’s due to the consistency in their service that makes them so good while the coupon codes they regularly provide is added layer of benefits so all these combine is what makes them so favorite and currently there is a great hosting coupon code available as well which is “50Host” this provides 50% discount over hosting!
Grant Elliott is offline   Reply With Quote