Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Business Principles > Traditional (Offline) Marketing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-27-2003, 10:06 AM   #1
jpapadpapa

Question "Real-World" Marketing?

So, how much "real-world" marketing do you all do? Is it worth it to buy business cards for your product and put them in key locations? How about brochures, print ads, radio, etc.? I am curious about what has worked for your company. Or do you do only internet marketing?
jpapadpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 09:24 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

I've done print ads, sales kits and business cards - the basics - for iOnline, but have never bought radio or TV media.

I've found that brochures distributed to business PO boxes work well when promoting a web development or hosting service, and newspaper classifieds can perform nicely for the price also. Your results, of course, will vary based on your target market, relative media costs and so on, but now that search-based marketing has reached a point of virtual saturation, traditional marketing can again be seen as an attractive buy when used appropriately.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2003, 09:36 PM   #3
jpapadpapa

Okay, that is helpful info. I was thinking I would put business cards or brochures around at vets offices, kennels, etc. since my products are pet-related.
jpapadpapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2006, 02:21 PM   #4
Strapworks

Our website has grown exponentially, and my bosses have been thinking of starting a marketing scheme that includes outside sales and sales reps. I am new to the whole marketing business, could I get some suggestions on what I need to compile before I start marketing directly to brick and mortar stores? I already figure business cards, price books, and displays (both sales samples and instore displays) but I get the feeling that I am missing something. Could someone help me out?
Strapworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2006, 06:36 PM   #5
ebusinesstutor

Thumbs up Consider Trade Shows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strapworks
Our website has grown exponentially, and my bosses have been thinking of starting a marketing scheme that includes outside sales and sales reps. I am new to the whole marketing business, could I get some suggestions on what I need to compile before I start marketing directly to brick and mortar stores? I already figure business cards, price books, and displays (both sales samples and instore displays) but I get the feeling that I am missing something. Could someone help me out?
I find trade shows that reach my target market work great. You would also need displays suitable for trade shows and brochures as well as your price lists and samples.

I also find a draw and giving away a gift basket works great for generating leads! Especally when I add chocolate to the basket - no one seems able to resist...

<<You can setup a signature in your control panel profile section>>

Last edited by Jan; 02-07-2006 at 06:53 PM.
ebusinesstutor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2006, 04:40 AM   #6
etechsupport

Radio talk show, local business magazine and networking to your local club and chamber of commerce is good way to reach your real market in real time.

Last edited by etechsupport; 07-25-2006 at 04:41 AM.
etechsupport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 08:21 PM   #7
lindsey

I find business cards the best forum of marketiing in the real world. But fliers are another great form as well. But reminds me of spam. But nonetheless is just as effective.

I dont think I would every get into radio or such media related outlets. I think I would like to keep my business at a small "Mom and Pop" type shop. And such a media blitz would take me overboard.
lindsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #8
kris_pueblos

I outsource a call center to do my bidding.
kris_pueblos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #9
nameless7

Much depends on your niche and marketing strategy. For example print ads is really good if you promote your product locally
nameless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #10
rizkyjaya

personally i am fans of jay abraham books and also guerilla marketing method. but marketing is only tools depend on the person how he using the tools
rizkyjaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2015, 02:49 AM   #11
SocialAR

Augmented Reality Advertsing and Marketing is designed to enhance the environment around, interact with it, so it is perfect for out of home advertising. Used together, AR App, WOWSOME and OOH ads can create magical campaigns that surprise and delight, for example, make an installation or a billboard come alive.
SocialAR is offline   Reply With Quote