Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR FRIENDS: The geek/talk Community > Technical Questions about geek/talk
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-21-2006, 10:18 AM   #16
Bondings

I noticed it on other threads too I think, but am not so sure about it anymore.

Anyway, did you fix something? It doesn't seem to happen anymore.
Bondings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 08:40 AM   #17
Jan

Administrator

Nothing got fixed. I woke next morning and my forum time was correct again. It took a while for newest posts to catch up, but they did and that was the last we saw of the "bug" Technology!
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2006, 10:07 PM   #18
Czar

Webmaster

Those are my favourite sorts of bug fixes...the ones that happen automatically.

All we need to do is leave some cyber surface spray in the right corners and the bugs die all by themselves.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2006, 09:06 PM   #19
Del

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
'Twas more than 24 hours ago, and 4 members or *bots* signed up the evening (Aus time) of the real start of this thread and next morning a new member signed up but was 5th in new signups
Wha??
Qua?
Uuuuhhhhh...

Some of it could be the personal setting where you can make the newest post appear on top, and/or daylight savings?

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't think to see if there was another page of the thread.

Last edited by Del; 11-01-2006 at 09:08 PM.
Del is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 02:10 AM   #20
Jan

Administrator

Seems our little bug is back

http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=32090
Old 11-04-2006, 02:24 AM   #21
Del

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
There were two, One I'm pretty sure was my fault and the other it was me or another poster. ^^;;
Old 11-04-2006, 02:35 AM   #22
Jan

Administrator

It isn't your fault, just a time setting somewhere. If you view who's online you will see some are browsing a couple of hours in advance. It should right itself properly in around 1.5 hours. My forum time is correct now. If you open the forums from an unlogged in browser and search todays posts, you will see something like:

This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 4935 seconds.
Old 11-04-2006, 04:49 AM   #23
Del

Well the thread was fine before I posted in it.

That's a weird bug.
Old 11-04-2006, 11:13 AM   #24
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan
It isn't your fault, just a time setting somewhere. If you view who's online you will see some are browsing a couple of hours in advance. It should right itself properly in around 1.5 hours. My forum time is correct now. If you open the forums from an unlogged in browser and search todays posts, you will see something like:

This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 4935 seconds.

"This forum requires that you wait 10 seconds between searches. Please try again in 4935 seconds."

Yep, that exact message appeared yesterday for me (i'm always loged in) and even occured when I clicked the xxx unread posts link below my name at the top. This little bugger just went away as I type this and everything is back to normal. Go figure! A self healing buglet.
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 03:02 AM   #25
Czar

Webmaster

This should hopefully be resolved now. We've activated the Network Time Protocol Daemon (NTPD) to auto update the time on this server, which should ensure that the server time - at the very least - does not jump around.

If this does happen again, please let me know as this will indicate that the vB script is at fault.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2009, 11:31 AM   #26
jgand

Anytime I have the time. What's better than a forum. A lot of great ideas can be found.
jgand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 08:16 PM   #27
ruby.mein

I never get noticed it. In that case maybe you just thought you posted it but the reality is it was just a preview. I've been like that for several times. I thought I did.
ruby.mein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 06:26 AM   #28
tufail123

Hi, I'm a newbie here at geekvillage, and I recently received an e-mail notification that someonehas replied to my thread. However, when I clicked on a link, I did not see any replies to my thread.

Do I need to go through a different procedure to see the replies or how am I not seeing the reply?

Thanks!

Last edited by tufail123; 10-29-2014 at 06:28 AM.
tufail123 is offline   Reply With Quote