Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Business Principles > Traditional (Offline) Marketing
User Name
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-23-2006, 07:18 PM   #1
Default Service for burning CD-ROMs? (like CafePress for t-shirts)

Does anyone know of companies out there where I can send them an ISO image and artwork for a CD label, and then they will burn CDs and drop-ship them individually to my customers for me?

The catch is that I'd be doing this in small volume. Something like what cafepress.com does for t-shirts, but for CD-ROMs instead.

Last edited by demae; 02-23-2006 at 07:18 PM.
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2006, 07:48 PM   #2

Oh, it looks like cafepress actually does CD-ROMs. But it costs $5 each. If I burned them myself I could get it for $1-2 each. Anyone know other services?
demae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2006, 04:26 AM   #3

If you're happy to mail the CDs yourself, you could save a bundle by having the discs pressed and printed in bulk lots. These days, CD/DVD duplication firms are very common and many will press discs for less than a dollar, if ordered in three or four-digit quantities. Perhaps compare Cafe Press' prices to what you could achieve by pressing and printing 200 discs, puchasing 200 CD postage boxes, printing 200 letters and buying a bunch of stamps as required. The savings you achieve this way might easily compensate for the additional time taken to handle and post each item.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 01:56 AM   #4

I've come across www.mixonic.com - their prices seem pretty low.
matrics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2006, 04:41 AM   #5

Are you faer burning CD-Roms or audio CDs?
If you're afcter adio cds then cdbaby are pretty good.

masm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2006, 05:28 AM   #6
Pending Review

my favorite provider to make CDs / CD Covers and such is http://OasisCD.com, they are first class but it depends on the quanity you want if they will be a good fit for you

on a somewhat different note

cdbaby.com probably isn't what you are looking for

depends on exactly what you plan, but it might be of interest

they will sell your independently produced cd for a $5 cut and they will stock like 5 copies and you can ship them more as they sell --- they will do the packaging shipping for you

anyways it's a neat success story and this is taken from here http://cdbaby.com/about

* I was just selling my own CD in 1997, making my living by touring and doing sessions, and asked some fellow musicians if they'd like me to sell their CD, too. It was supposed to be a hobby. (Making music was my real career!)
* For the first year, CD Baby was just me. I'd put the day's orders in my backpack and ride my bike down to the post office..
* But then friends told friends, and now my little hobby has sold over $25 MILLION in independent CDs to people around the world.

Current Numbers:

* 130,781 artists sell their CD at CD Baby.
* 2,303,144 CDs sold online to customers.
* $26,458,719.16 paid to artists.

Last edited by Worthen; 04-28-2006 at 05:33 AM.
Worthen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:49 PM   #7

Were you able to find something? This sounds like it could be quite valuable.
kajuda is offline   Reply With Quote