Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money from Online Audio, Video and Web 2.0 Applications
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #1
Mirelle

Default Music while you work

Do you use music to put yourself in a productive mood?

It is widely accepted that music increases productivity. Executives and creative professionals who listen to music say it reduces stress and maximizes their energy and focus. Music also changes your mood. You can use music to keep up your morale and productivity in difficult circumstances. It痴 not easy to maintain a positive outlook at work these days with heavy workloads and widespread layoffs. Stay upbeat despite the stress and breeze through the workday. Music not only lifts you out of negativity, it creates a bubble of sanity in which you can perform at your peak.

I like to pair music to my energy level and the task at hand. In the morning, I知 reviewing my projects and deciding what I want to accomplish. I like a quiet environment and keep the music sweet and slow. I listen to instrumental arrangements with bells that send part of my mind to the backstreets of Kyoto. The music clears my mind of distractions before I settle into working on a project.

When I知 at my computer, I hardly notice the music, but I'm receptive to the mood it conveys. When I知 jamming under a deadline, I like traditional Celtic music with lots of fiddles. I instantly feel happy and unstoppable, like I've had a double shot of espresso. Sometimes I知 in the mood for Briand Adams, which is my favorite singer.

In the afternoon -when I知 planning, scheduling and processing email- I switch to Rimsky-Korsakov, Philip Glass or music embellished with arias like Beethovens's Moonlight Sonata.

What about you, what kind of music do you listen while you are working?
Mirelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 11:35 PM   #2
Johnclave111
Member.

music i love it i think without music i can't imagine how we spend our life. its feel so energetic and entertaining. vision of life in musical way.
Johnclave111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:06 AM   #3
LLWEB

FYI for mods: This is Xrumer spam. Do a search for the post and you'll see.
LLWEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 02:17 PM   #4
ctcredit

Yes, I always to listen music while at work. In this way, I am awake while working.
ctcredit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2011, 09:25 PM   #5
Czar

Webmaster

Thanks for the heads-up, LLWeb. We've been hit with a lot of XRumer spam lately. I'm still struggling to find the right vBulletin mods to deal with it; without scaring away legitimate new member registrations.

I'll nuke this shortly.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2011, 07:16 AM   #6
wulaishiwo

Yani's soft music is my favorite when working.
wulaishiwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 04:08 AM   #7
hboss

I have a big passion of music and all most have play songs at the working time..Now time i am posting here with playing ultimate classical songs collection...
hboss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:51 AM   #8
khatie

Listening to music makes me feel good when I'm at work. I feel like I'm in the mood to work!
khatie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2011, 01:03 AM   #9
Matthew Anton

yeah, but I found due to lack of good playlists and/or pandora I find myself clicking back more often than not to "find" a good song, probably decreasing my productivity, but if you find a good run of songs it's a great mood setter for working.
Matthew Anton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:46 AM   #10
HowForexTradingWorks

Listening to music can help to cure any boredom that you may encounter during more extensive periods of work.
HowForexTradingWorks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:01 AM   #11
atul

Well not always but sometimes I listen music while working.
atul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 01:23 AM   #12
image2all

I Love Music All time basically When i am in Work i hear Song with my Headphone.
Thanks for the Interesting post to me.
image2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 06:34 AM   #13
jeznadel

Music is one of my source of happiness, even I am alone and lonely as long as i have music at least i can forget the sadness in my heart.
jeznadel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 12:04 AM   #14
image2all

Music is one of the Great things to me because when I feel Lonely and If I hear any Music then instantly mind is turn in to joy and happiness.
So, Music is the magic to me.
image2all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 05:40 AM   #15
tenthavenuenorth

I love to listen to Tenth Avenue North and Switchfoot at work. They just boost my energy up all the time.
tenthavenuenorth is offline   Reply With Quote