Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR PERFORMANCE: Website Promotion, Marketing and Growth > Business Principles > Traditional (Offline) Marketing
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-29-2004, 04:17 PM   #1
jessebhunt

Default A script to allow users to design their own business card

I recently expanded my business to include printing services.

So far I have been concentrating on selling the printing services to the local market, but I'm really wanting to sell on the internet as well.

I'm looking for a script that will allow users to design business cards (and possibly other documents like flyers and brochures) online... then when they check out, the business card design would be sent to me for printing. I have seen many online competitors with systems like this... but I have been unable to locate anything on hotscripts or sourceforge.

Any ideas where I could find something like this?

Thanks
jessebhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #2
techguy

Oooohhhhh cool idea. Well if you don't see anything there you could always have a coder build one for you at a freelance site like scriptlance or rentacoder. I have dealt alot with these coders and think that is the way to go.
techguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 08:08 PM   #3
jessebhunt

Quote:
Well if you don't see anything there you could always have a coder build one for you at a freelance site like scriptlance or rentacoder
Any ideas what something like this would cost me?
jessebhunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2004, 09:08 PM   #4
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

"Any ideas what something like this would cost me?"

1. At least 25 hours of your own time to help the coder find bugs, refine features, and more.

2. At least 5K and maybe even 10K for a professional coder to create this application.

3. You may even need to use an Apache mod like "imageMagick" and build your code base around this.

4. This is a rather complex gig with zillons of things to consider. If the budget and time work for you then I would suggest you start writing down your detailed feature list which will help not only you but the coder. Iv'e got some experience in this field so if you want to start I would be happy to help. BTW, no coder worth their salt would even start a project like this without a detailed feature list and some $$ up front.

5. Be VERY VERY carefull on who you hire. Ask for plenty of references which involve complex gigs and check them.

HTH
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 11:56 AM   #5
Sashman

I appologize if this sounds like a self promotion.

There are quite a few sites who already do this and most have very sophisticated wysiwyg. That said, I'm actually in the process coding this solution for a company called Atrio for a product called CreateXchange. Their angle was to create a solution that generates print quality PDFs to deliver directly to printers, which nobody else online does. Both business cards and full brochures are in the works.

Currently, only administrators can place graphics on a template, but users are able to change all text aspects of a card. The idea being, that the card was chosen from among templates or a template was created for a corporation and when they want to do a brochure or business card run they come to the site and fill in what they want printed.

Atrio frequently does joint ventures to help defray development costs. If you are interested PM me or email me at sashman at jaspin.com and I'll put you in touch with them.

Last edited by Sashman; 07-13-2004 at 12:04 PM.
Sashman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 09:01 PM   #6
Justinfm

I'm looking for the same one and found this...

http://www.tufat.com/s_business_card_designer.htm
Justinfm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2009, 12:47 PM   #7
diaadrian
Member.

Default Business Card

Good information for business growth for the future
diaadrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 08:20 AM   #8
vik88
Member.

i agree! =) thanks! =)
vik88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2011, 07:53 AM   #9
kerry123

You're just saying right that printing products are playing an important role in the way of promoting business. However there are various online printing companies which are providing superior quality printing products at cheap rates like brochures, flyers, folders, pocket folder, file folders, envelopes clings, banners etc.

Last edited by kerry123; 11-19-2011 at 07:56 AM.
kerry123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:48 PM   #10
kajuda

Does VistaPrint allow you to embed code? They seem to be one of the most cost efficient options available!
kajuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2013, 06:41 AM   #11
jeffsmith

It has been a concise but very useful article indeed pretty useful and helpful indeed.
jeffsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:32 AM   #12
Beth Worthy

PPC stands for the Pay Per Link. Pay Per link is one of the most important pillars of any internet marketing plan. It plays a very crucial role in driving the traffic to any website. Pay Per Link (PPC) can enable the websites in attaining a good page rank.It can be really beneficial for the business as pay per click advertising yield results only when the right techniques are employed by the marketer.
Beth Worthy is offline   Reply With Quote