Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2008, 10:35 PM   #1
bicycling

Default Replacing lower paying networks with higher payer ones

Every month we get approached by a new ad network, inviting us to sign up and earn money through them. We usually like to have a lot of positive feedback before we work a new network into our inventory in order to avoid wasting time with low paying duds. Over the past two years, we have accumulated the following 15 networks on the "back burner" so to speak:

Revenue Science
Blue *******
Ad Net Interactive
Cyber Bounty
Adsmarket
Spot 200
Creafi
365 Ad Solutions
Glam Media
Specific Media
Adconion
Gunggo
Search123
Redux Media
Axill

We currently work with most of the major networks, including:

CPX Interactive
Burst
Casale Media
ValueClick
Google
InterClick
PayPopUp
Rydium
Tribal Fusion
Women's Forum
AdBrite
CPM Only

From your experience, of the networks that you are familiar with, which network(s) would you swap out, and which network(s) on the "backburner" would you replace them with? Our main focus is CPM, but we will not show ads with ActiveX, toolbar installs, spyware, etc.

Thank you ever so much for any feedback. In order to maintain a reasonable revenue stream in times of falling CPM's, we are forced to really optimize the mix of networks we work with by replacing the lower paying ones with higher paying ones.

HP
bicycling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 01:52 PM   #2
tallship

Default Back Burner Networks

Times are tough in the dog days of summer and ECPM is in the toilet with a number of networks. The only thing that can make it worse is a network that doesn't pay within terms of the IO.

In your list it has been my experience that:

Redux doesn't pay anywhere near on time plus they have a funny Canadian check with a hologram on it that Bank of America ATMs won't accept.

Revenue Science has higher CPMs but the campaigns are almost all BT so it will probably take several months before you hit their minimum payout.

I used to do $5k to $6k a month with Blue ******* who pays like clockwork. However, they were acquired by Yahoo and the good CPM campaigns no longer exist, at least in the entertainment channel. They asked us to pause the tags at the start of July simply because they didn't have the campaigns.

AdNet is publically traded and pay like clockwork. ECPM fluctuates however.

During these summer doldrums we've gone back to optimizing the campaigns on an every other day basis to ensure the highest paying ECPM is served first. If you have an ad serving solution that can prioritize and frequency cap then this is an exercise that can squeeze anothe 5% to 10% out of your existing inventory.
tallship is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 02:06 PM   #3
blogie

I use adconion and am moving it up my chain. Pay on time, regularly. Rates are OK but vary.
blogie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
alemcherry

CPM ads never worked for me. After adnsense, kontera and adbrite gave some amount of success.
alemcherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
bicycling

Thank you for the feedback. I will try Adconion and Ad Net Interactive and pause our two lowest paying networks which are Ad Brite and Rydium (although Rydium is OK for popunders).
bicycling is offline   Reply With Quote