Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR CREATION: Building & Maintaining A Web Site > Web Development - Programming / Coding
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2007, 12:24 AM   #1
dhowler

Question Book Review Script

Not sure if I posted this to the correct area, hopefully I did since it's a php/mysql typeish question.

I found what I thought was a book review script on a webpage, paid around 9 or 10 bucks for it and uploaded it. Problem is that it doesn't do what I need it to do. It was really made to be a game review system and he just changed some words around.

The Script I bought: (All this one does is allow an admin to add the book, a buy link, and a picture, and a review.)
http://scribe.citadelofthewolf.com/reviews/

Example of the fields I need to use: http://scribe.citadelofthewolf.com/b...mstallion.html

Does anyone have any idea how to convert this to an actual book review script? Or does anyone know of a better one? I want to be able to put up the other information from the example link. Any ideas? I tried to install Word Press which is supposed to allow book reviews, and never could get it to set up. I heard Jombla has one too, but I couldn't get it set up either. Any help is appreciated.

Dreamy

Last edited by dhowler; 08-05-2007 at 12:32 AM.
dhowler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 02:35 PM   #2
fusionhosting

You could probably use the movie review script from this site: http://www.built2go.com/

Personally I'd setup a customized version of Wordpress. Build a article template for reviews and use that. However you would need to be a bit more technically inclined, and it'd be nowhere as easy as buying a script off the shelf (assuming it does exactly what you want).

If the Movie Script from that above site doesn't work perfectly with all the fields, you would have to see about modifying the fields, or paying someone to do it for you.
fusionhosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2007, 05:42 AM   #3
dhowler

Unhappy

The movie script may work, but it still doesn't have all the fields set up that I need. The script does have tons more features than the crappy script that I am using. I have emailed them asking if it can be modified or is it a "What you see is what you get" kind of script.

I have tried to set up Wordpress several times, and I even tried to install the reviews plugin, but it doesn't do anything at all from what I see.

I wish I was a coder, but sadly I am not.

Dreamy
dhowler is offline   Reply With Quote