Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money from Online Audio, Video and Web 2.0 Applications
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-10-2007, 06:51 PM   #1
Vahid

Arrow The questions you should ask yourself before you make a post on your blog

Hi,

Nowadays you can see everywhere that many people make thousands of dollars through blogging. This has made many others to think about starting a blog whereas 99% of them can not write a single 500 words article on their own. They know that they are not suitable for blogging but can not ignore the money that their blog can make for them because they have heard that it makes money.

So they have one options: Creating a spam blog (also known as splog) that steals other blogs contents automatically and so doesn't need any article to be written by the blog owner. They think that such a blog will make money too but it can not make a single cent because as I said it is called spam blog. No search engine will rank it and nobody will be interested in reading it because its posts are defective, non-sense and off topic.

So if you are a blogger and you can not write about the topic that your blog is about, you are wasting your time. If you can write but don't know "how" but just post something on your blog everyday to keep it updated, again you are wasting your time and you will give up soon.

I see many bloggers, just make some posts everyday to say they have updated their blog. When you read their posts, you decide not to be back to their blog again. If you don't like to be such a blogger and have such a blog, before you make a post ask yourself, "What's the point? What do I want to achieve? What reaction am I aiming for? What do I want the reader to do after reading my post?"

Don't make a post on your blog just to keep your blog updated. Post something that makes an impact in your readers life and business.
Vahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2007, 10:28 PM   #2
Czar

Webmaster

That's really valuable advice, Vahid. There's such a glut of content being published these days that quality is really suffering. Fortunately, as you mentioned, search engines and community-driven news aggregators are serving as gatekeepers, to some extent, in ensuring that spammy or content-weak blogs are ignored by audiences.

Vahid, on another note, can you please change your email address on record with this forum, or deactivate its autoresponder? Our rules prohibit members from signing up with email addresses that produce autoresponses and I've tried to contact you at that email address a couple of times to discuss the situation. Your prompt response will be most valued. Thanks.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 06:25 PM   #3
Vahid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Czar
... Vahid, on another note, can you please change your email address on record with this forum, or deactivate its autoresponder? ... Thanks.
Hi Czar,

Sorry about that. I deactivated the autoresponder.
Vahid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2007, 08:32 PM   #4
Czar

Webmaster

Much appreciated. Thanks for your prompt action, and thanks again for joining.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 12:44 AM   #5
T_L_D

This is something I find myself discussing with people occasionally. So many people suggest that a blog be updated rapidly. Everyday is the common response for a business blogger to update their blog.

I used to recommend updating often, at least a few times a week but I now recommend updating according the persons patterns. When they have subjects worth discussing, feeling creative and in general when they can add value as stated above.
T_L_D is offline   Reply With Quote