Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs > Making Money with Regional Affiliate Programs and Networks
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-01-2006, 05:19 PM   #1
Alex|Canep Media
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Default Brazillian Traffic

Anybody know of a good CPM or CPC program that pays good for Brazillian traffic, I got half a million Brazillian impressions, and almost 2,000 clicks in last week using ICON AdSol but I got less then $8!!!!
Alex|Canep Media is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #2
masm50

I imagine AdSense would have some Brazillian advertsiers if you haven't tried them yet.
Hispanoclick might also be worth checking out

Tim
masm50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
OnlineGuide

Hmm... S.A. traffic is hard. I do not believe you'll get very competitive rates for South America. Since the networks that use Yield Manager are auction based, if no one bids on those types of ads, then you'll probably earn very little. The only network where I think you may make a few sense would be Google's Ad Sense. You can also try Ad Brite.
OnlineGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2006, 09:56 PM   #4
Alex|Canep Media

Hispanoclick is for spanish speaking traffic, people speak Portugeez (probably misspelled) in Brazil.

Adsense does not allow their ads on proxy sites.

If anybody else has some good ideas I would really like to hear them. I'm getting 2 million page views monthly that are not making up for the bandwidth they use, surely someone in Brazil wants to sell something online.
Old 05-02-2006, 03:32 AM   #5
masm50

I thought hispanoclick was for a general latino audience, not just spanish speaking - but I could be wrong. I would still say they would be worth applying to as I'm guessing that there are some companies which have outposts in many s.a countries (both the Spanish and Portuguese ones).

Good point about AdSense though - I forgot about that.

Tim
Old 05-02-2006, 04:34 AM   #6
Alex|Canep Media

thanks for all teh feedback, If anyone has anymroe suggestions please share with me. If I don't find a way to monetize my Brazilian traffic, I'lm gonna start sending it to google.com
Old 05-06-2006, 07:12 PM   #7
Alex|Canep Media

Default Brazil Ad network

If anyone knows an ad network that pays good for Brazil traffic please let me know. I preffer CPM but I will settle for CPC.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:43 PM   #8
Jan

Administrator

Let's keep it in the one thread okay? *merged*
Jan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2006, 09:22 PM   #9
onlyreal

well i am buying from fastclick cpxinteractive and bannerconnect

so maybe you can sell to them

of course no one will accept proxy traffic
onlyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:34 AM   #10
Alex|Canep Media

Sorry Jan, I just figured this is a regional ad network question and should be in that forum, if you could move this thread there I'd appreciate it.

Onlyreal, what do you mean by you are buying from those ad networks. Are you just a publisher, or are you an agent.

And the traffic I was referring to does indeed come from a proxy site.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:41 AM   #11
masm50

I think Onlyreal is buying Brazillian traffic from Valueclick and CPX as an advertiser. So it sounds like they have at least some ads to show.

Tim
Old 05-07-2006, 10:18 AM   #12
onlyreal

yeps but i am buying pops mostly

also mostly from paypopup.com(like 200 300k daily)
onlyreal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 02:43 PM   #13
Alex|Canep Media

onlyreal, I'll send you a PM
Old 08-04-2006, 06:17 PM   #14
Alex|Canep Media

I worked with Directa Networks in the past I was not happy with their services. Support was very slow, their reps had bad english which resulted in poor communications. For a company specializing in portugese speaking latin american ads I expected greater eCPM's then $0.01-$0.02 on leaderboards, and $0.25 on popups.

I was told by one of thier reps almost 3 weeks after I signed up with their network that they are not a CPM based ad network they are performance based. They apparently run CPA ads and just display the eCPM.

Directa Networks which is a subsidy of Digital Ventures is not recommended by me. I had received better rates on latin american traffic from BannerConnect and ViziMedia and both of them upfront told me they are not very good at monetizing latin american traffic.