Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPA Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-29-2005, 03:42 PM   #1
Larwee

GeekGuide

Question Why are you an Amazon affiliate?

My main reason behind this post is to possibly have it be of some help to people who might be thinking about becoming an Amazon affiliate, or people who are new Amazon.com affiliates and wondering why things aren't going as well for them as they hoped they would.

Last year I posted this http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=26258

This year I started this thread http://www.geekvillage.com/forums/sh...threadid=29664

Both were about Amazon.com having record holiday seasons.

Amazon has about a million affiliates, even though not all of them are active. But you don't see very much about Amazon affiliates making huge amounts of money.

Yes, there are some who are making very large amounts of money with Amazon, and I'm not just talking about the large sites owned by billion dollar corporations.

Many of those who are making the big dollars with Amazon aren't going around saying very much about it. There are people who would rather that most people didn't know how well they are doing.

A couple of years ago, thanks to a special script, there were many Amazon affiliates who did very well for a while. That number dropped as more started using the script and as search engines made changes and they no longer had thousands of their Amazon links being shown.

I don't want to restrict this to just people who are making huge amounts of money. People who are doing well or people who are very pleased are the main focus.

As an example, there are people who don't make much money with AdSense. But there are a lot who make large sums with AdSense, and even more who are just simply very pleased with what they are making with AdSense. This is the type of thing I'm mainly talking about and what you don't see or hear very much about in relation to Amazon. The vast majority of Amazon affiliates aren't thrilled with what they are making as Amazon affiliates.

There are millions of people who go directly to the amazon.com site. But that is also true of other sites that are very well known. That hasn't kept some people from doing very well with Amazon.

Neglecting those billion dollar corporation sites who are Amazon affiliates, a good many of the others who are doing well aren't just putting Amazon banners or links on their sites to bring them they type of results they are getting, and experienced publishers know this.

Time, and many other factors enter into people not doing things that would produce better results with Amazon even though they know how. In many case most people feel they would come out better devoting the time and effort on improving their site or other income producing methods.

I am an Amazon affiliate probably mainly because I've been one since they started their affiliate program and it does produce some income even though I don't put any serious effort into it.

There are a few things I don't like about the Amazon affiliate program. The main thing I don't like about it is that they only pay every 3 months. That is something I would like to see them change, but I have no reason to believe they are going to change that payment schedule.

How about you? Why are you an Amazon affiliate? What changes would you like to see them make?
Larwee is offline   Reply With Quote