Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2005, 07:19 AM   #1
coolbuddy

Default Google payee name

I was invited by google to join their adsense network.My site was earlier rejected on the basis of having bikini content.
As this time i was invited by them only,so all my account information was submitted by their sales person.
Now they owe me $500 but to my surprise they have wrongly submitted my payee name.
As per their rules & regulation ,I cant change it and have to get my account cancelled and the money wont be transferred to my new account.
THIS IS SHOCKING.
Shall i say goodbye to my $500 and start afresh?And btw who will pocket that money?
coolbuddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 07:43 AM   #2
Sphosting

is the payee name close to your name? or is it way off?
Sphosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 08:05 AM   #3
coolbuddy

payee name is coolbuddy.com as per google records.

If they r so particular abt the whole thing,they should have asked me before putting it there.

The service looks so unprofetional.
Old 09-14-2005, 08:19 AM   #4
Sphosting

write on the back pay to your name or company name and sign it, take it to your bank see if they will take it like that, if not explain to them that the payee name is incorrect but that is your website / business, they may or may not take it, depends on the person behind the window.
Sphosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 11:08 AM   #5
funpage

A similar situation happened to me w/ another company, I just signed the back of the check as normal and depoisted with no questions asked.
funpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 01:09 PM   #6
emmzee
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Guess it depends on your bank ... I got a check for like $1.85 or something from AdTegrity, and my bank wouldn't cash it because it was made out to "DOSGames.com". Probably best to just check with your bank ... or maybe your bank can add "coolbuddy.com" as a potential payee on your bank account so that you can cash the check? Maybe if you showed them some documents for the site/domain with a matching address or whatever they'd let you do that, and thus there'd be no problem cashing it ... ???
emmzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2005, 07:05 PM   #7
cheezdoodle

You should be able to endorse the back and just put it in your account. If you have the envelope they sent you the check in, the address they sent it to should say:

Coolbuddy.com
[your address here]
Moneyville, Texas
USA

If that matches your bank account's address, that should help you.

If not, just open up a business account in your websites name. It costs a little extra, but you want to keep your personal account seperate from your internet stuff account anyway for tax reasons in my opinion. You might have to register a DBA (doing business as) to do that in your state, it depends. I am not super familiar with these procedures so if I'm way off someone please correct me. Your bank should work with you on that. If not, find a new bank if they don't want your money
cheezdoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2005, 12:52 AM   #8
coolbuddy

thanks for your suggestion.Google has now allowed me to change the payee name.I will be doing it next 10 minutes.If there is still any problem,I will get back to this forum
Thanks everyone once again.
Old 09-18-2005, 08:19 AM   #9
Kathy

This is also a good reason to register your domain name as your business name in your local county/state registrar. Its a DBA (doing business as) certificate.

This way, when someone pays you based on your domain/business name, it can be deposited into your bank account without question.

If you are going to earn money as a business, be sure and take the approrpriate steps to accept that money.
Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote