Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-29-2005, 09:01 AM   #16
OnlineGuide

Quote:
Originally posted by James
Uhhh well, yes they should be suspended. It's possible for someone to have more than one IP account. And also, to have accounts at several ISPs. These are both things which spammers and ****mers use in abundance.

Also, they have a loyalty to their respectable advertisers more than they have a loyalty to their small-fry publishers, who they can't be sure whether or not each and every one is trustworthy. Like Robert said:
James, you are mistaken. There are plenty of reasons as to why a publisher could be using multiple IP's when logging into to an account. If they are on a dial-up modem account, America Online, Compuserve, Prodigy, Wireless Hotspots, corp. firewall with dynamic IP assignment, colleges, etc. Just because someone uses different IP's, doesn't mean they are guilty.
OnlineGuide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 09:40 AM   #17
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Lightbulb

I know this sounds like a broken record but, a G Publisher is responsable for all click fraud which occurs on their site. It's everything to do with the issue that funkyduckling . com delivered fraudelent clicks and NOT weather the Publisher did and determing same via an IP match.

Yes their are terminations from a Publishers IP match but thats only one of dozens of methods which will produce a ban for a site.

For example:

Publisher joins a click trade club

Publishers hires an off shore click gang and runs an arbitrage

Publishers uses a bot which deploys a round robin IP procedure

...and many more ways.

HTH

Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 10:33 AM   #18
Sphosting

how are we meant to see who is clicking on the ads?
Sphosting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 12:15 PM   #19
Steve_S
I am a Contributing Geek. Are You?

Arrow

Good question and please humor me if I sound like a broken record yet again.

G will not, should not, and never will provide you with the data. We have discussed the reasons for this ad nausioum

YOU need to take precautions and gather the data. Two links for services and or scripts which do this:

http://www.clickauthority.com/index.cfm

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Script...lick_Tracking/

Their may be others so post same geeks

HTH
Steve_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2005, 01:43 PM   #20
blogie

I am using adfreestats which is actually a stats service (funnily enough) but also gives details of adsense clicks including url which it is directed to. Its free and whilst it might not have all the "bells and whistles" of those recomended above it certainly does the job.
blogie is offline   Reply With Quote