Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-28-2004, 12:22 AM   #1
Paul_S

Default Seasonal traffic trends

Hi all,

Seems most sites have a bit of a traffic slowdown around the summer months in the US, I was wondering what lind of falls most people tend to see from compared to the stronger winter month in terms of % decline is visitor numbers. It seems like it is around 20% for me.

Of course many people might see the opposite effect especailly sites with large numbers of non us vistors perhaps.
Paul_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 02:44 AM   #2
fireklown

my traffic for most of my sites, especially ones that are entertainment based always dip way down in the summer, and around Xmas, I think it has a lot to do with Kids at college.. for me at least
fireklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 05:26 AM   #3
kams7ue

I am seeing around 30% low traffic than usual. But I did not see that much low traffic in the month of May, but only in the month of June.

regards
-kams
kams7ue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 11:05 AM   #4
VodkaFish

My hockey site always seems to take a dive in the summer, wonder why
VodkaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 12:28 PM   #5
cheznoir
Member.

We stay in a pretty consistent growth pattern. Most of our visitors are at work, so no escape for them (except of course to our sites).

Chet
cheznoir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 04:28 PM   #6
1EightT
Member.

My traffic stays steady, and climbs pretty much year round. Again like the guy above the majority of visitors are at work, so we are a good escape for them.
1EightT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 08:41 PM   #7
NetFXMedia

Summer and Holidays are our most popular times. In July and Aug we make nearly double what we make in October or say March.

Teenagers off from school = hits for us.
NetFXMedia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2004, 09:01 PM   #8
Czar

Webmaster

iOnline operates a fairly diverse network of sites, so traffic remains relatively consistent year-round with the exception of a welcome spike in the lead-up to Christmas. We also experience elevated converstion ratios through November and early December.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2004, 11:31 AM   #9
jnestor

I don't see much seasonal variation which surprised me at first since I would have thought interest in TV would follow TV sweeps periods and decline in the summer. I do see a bit less weekend traffic in the summer but not really enough to make a difference. Also surprising to me was the fact the weekend traffic is down about 10-15% from weekday traffic. I'd have thought that an entertainment site would do more traffic on weekends.
jnestor is offline   Reply With Quote