Webmaster Forum Rules | Posting Guide | Contact Us | Testimonials | Contributing Geek Program | Advertise on Geek/Talk
Welcome to the GeekTalk Webmaster Discussion Forums from GeekVillage.com

Click Here To Register. It's Free!

Go Back   geek/talk: Signature-free discourse for serious web publishers > YOUR REVENUE: Making Money On The Internet > Making Money with CPC and/or CPM Programs
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2004, 12:16 PM   #16
perulinks

Hello,

Thanks for welcoming me to this site.

I don't know how come they didnít pay to others. That's weird because they did pay me two times by now. Like I said, I became aware of these payments when my bank sent me two wire transfer statements. I have uploaded a photo copy in a PDF file at: http://www.perulinks.com/docs/Bride.pdf in case anybody wants to see it.

Maybe their owners just behave like regular people, sometimes they pay their debts and sometimes not. Regarding their mail, I got only one as far as I can remember (maybe more I can do a search in my Outlook if somebody requests it). It was sent to me to let me know about my last payment:

Wrom: From: World Wide Web Owner [mailto:www@bride.ru] On Behalf Of Bride.ru team
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2004 6:58 PM
To: webmaster@perulinks.com
Subject: Bride.Ru: Transaction notification letter

Hello, Carlos M Chapa !

We have transferred you $83. Transfer id: Wire transfer #800.

Thank you for cooperation.

So to answer somebodyís question here, their email is www@bride.ru

One more comment. I think that it will be wise for any webmaster, if they wanna take a chance, to put their ads and to withdraw them as soon as he/she reaches the minimum $100.00 credit. From there, he should wait until he gets paid. Once paid, he can try the ads again.

By the way. I also tried Absolute agency too, mailto:www@bride.ru] and they did sent me a check. However, they cancelled my account because the owner said that my site wasnít producing any sales. So now I am just waiting to see if my bank has any problems with that check from Latvia.

About Intíl companies, Iíve been ripped off once with an American company that never paid me a refund. So I donít know if we should stereotype American or International companies. Of course, I might have my own biases since I grew up outside the USA.

However, like fireklown noticed, it's not even worthy to sue another out of state company for small amounts of meny, that is, you might end up paying more in attorneys fees. So from a legal point of view, dealing with an Int'l company is almost as risky as dealing with an American one.
perulinks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 06:03 PM   #17
Czar

Webmaster

No wonder there are so many lawyers in the US. Your system seems to be steeped in admin fees and conflicting jurisdictions. Wasn't 'uniting' the states supposed to iron out some of these legal inconsistencies?

Small claims shouldn't cost much more than a standard filing fee. There's nothing unusual about the practice, so a lawyer who racks up thousands in fees is doing you an injustice. Certainly, some debtors will do their best to reneg on their commitments regardless, and will pay tiny instalments to extend the dispute indefinitely, or will exploit these inter-state loopholes. Still, generally speaking, generating a summons regarding an outstanding debt should be enough to stimulate some sort of response.

Follow Geek/Talk's Twitter Feed and Facebook Page to stay up to date with new discussion threads and online ad industry highlights.

Important GeekVillage Links: Home | Rules | Posting Guide | Report Trouble | Feedback | Advertise on GV
Czar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2004, 12:53 AM   #18
perulinks

Default bride.ru problem

ar,

I totally agree with you, there are too many lawyers in this country, and although the ďUnitedĒ States has common federal laws, each state has also its own legal system. This makes our legal system so complex, that one needs an attorney for just about any kind of paperwork, and CPAís for those who own small businesses.

On the other hand, in my humble opinion, our system is biased in many legal areas. For example, when I got divorced I had to fight the custody of my only son, and even though I have tangible proof that my ex wife was not a suitable parent (medical records, marriage counselor notes, day care documents, etc.); the judge (a women) gave the custody to my ex. What was her opinion? That I complained too much in court. Of course I did that, my ex wifeís sister, for example, testified many lies.

So in the family practice, courts are biased pretty much toward women. The only chance that a father has in a custody battle is if the mother is a prostitute or a drug abuser. Otherwise, the decision is already made even before a judge hears testimonies from parents. I spent more than $7,000 dollars, and I didnít even have a fair trial.

Ok, sorry about getting out of the original topic, but I you just introduced in your response a very sensitive subject. I am sure that every country has legal problems--including the country where I grew up, but here in America we are supposed to be a ďfreeĒ country, and our politicians brag about that all the time, but they are wrong.

Freedom is pretty much a state of mind, one that is defined by current political institutions. If there is something that we can really brag about, it's our economic and financial achievements. Thatís why most immigrants come to this country (and to Australia, I am sure) for economic reasons, not for political oppression.
Old 03-11-2004, 01:56 AM   #19
fireklown

The problem in (at least in the US) it's actually pretty hard to bring suit to a company who is out of state. A lot of states will not extend the long arm statute (yeah I'm a law student so bear with me). A lot of states will not bother bringing a claim against another company who is out of state unless they reach the $7500 limit. at $7500 you can bring it to the state applet, or supreme court. However, at that point your going to have to go through so many interstate hearings, where the amount of legal fees is going to add up very quickly. If you think you can try it with out a lawyer your dead wrong on most cases. You need the 4 levels of negligence to bring a case. And if you ***** up on any one of them your case will be tossed out in a second. Most of the advertising agencies have lawyers who know what they are talking about. And if you drop the ball even once your done. No matter how "in the right" you are. And there are a lot of states out there ( like Maryland, Colorado, Vermont, and florida) Where it's nearly impossible to take a claim against a company based in that state, unless you, yourself are also based in that state. For example if your in NY, and the company your dealing with in in California, The ad network can request that the case gets tried in federal court ( since taking the case to CA court is expensive, and NY means your going to lose). If you apply to take the case to Federal court. Odds are it will take at least 5-7 years to get heard. And 9.9 times out of 10 if the case if for less then 3,000 it will get thrown out right off the bat.

Thats why in my case any case I wanted to take my case to court my lawyers would not touch with a 10 foot poll. granted I may have been in the right, but 99.999999% of agencies have a comprable neglegence clause in there some where. Odds are 99% of people would never notice it, but trust me, it's in there. And if you try to bring the case to court, the laywers for the Angency will know it. Mention it, and 5 minutes later your case gets thrown out.

Despite what people think, based on the CN statute there is something in pretty much every single terms of agreement where it will say ( but not in the exact words) If we don't feel like paying you, then we don't have to. Most TOs are written in leagal mumbo-jumbo, where most people won't have any idea what it says. but a lawyer who is firmiliar with the company will.

If you theatened a company with legal action and got your money, then you are darn lucky, cause 9.9 out of 10 won't. And those people will lose money on court, and lawyer fees. and when your fighting over $200 it's not worth it
fireklown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2004, 04:32 AM   #20
winny

I have contacted www@bride.ru regarding my problem a few days ago and still NO REPLY.

Thank You.
winny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 01:29 AM   #21
assass

i still have 100 dollars from them due from august!

3 22.08.03 100.00 20.00 Pending

I've had 2 experiences before that. Both were paid, but it took a long time. The first time I even called to Russia to get this guy to pay me. He did :-) But now whenever I call their number I get this Russian female computer voice telling me some story in Russian, a language I don't speak very well
assass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2004, 04:07 AM   #22
perulinks

Default Bride.ru again...

Hello,

Well apparently I was the only one defending Bride.ru. Well that was because they did pay me the first two months, but they didn't pay me the last one. The last $100.00 I withdrew still says "pending."

So I guess that you guys were right after all, Bride.ru can not be trusted. They pay only whenever they feel like. The luckiest of us were paid a couple of times only (see last post before this one). I hope that most companies in Russia donít behave in that way. Dishonesty brings can only bring small, quick rewards, but in the long-term thatís what it will destroy them. A

I know that a company like Bride.ru wouldn't last very long in the United States. Even with all the red tape we got here concerning government and laws (and Iíve been one of the most critical speakers about the complexity of current laws in the USA), business practices here are good because MOST people are just plain honest.

Well, I guess that I wonít endorse Bride.ru anymore. I took most of their banners in my site, and I will take the rest of them as soon as I get a chance.

Carlos Chapa
PeruLinks.com
PS.- Absolute Agency behaved much better. They paid me one time, and then they cancel my affiliation with them. They said that my traffic wasnít generating them much income. At least they told me that right after paying me. So they ended up owing me only a couple of bucks or less.
Old 06-15-2004, 02:43 PM   #23
Gogi

You can threaten them that you'll contact Russian Ministry of taxes (www.nalog.ru). All russian companies will prefer not to deal with this organization. And if you'll send messeges to the Ministry describing the situation and asking to check Bride.RU's bookkeeping and affiliates payments status, I think you'll have a chance to get your money.
You can also contact Ministry of the interior of Russia (http://eng.mvdrf.ru/).
But imho you can get success only if you'll send 'paper' letters from more than one webmaster.
P.S. Did I say that there are no laws in Russia? Nevertheless, it can be your chance.
Gogi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 08:39 PM   #24
Kimberwyn

On the GetPaidForum a while ago someone posted that they contacted Bride.ru to ask if they still paid, and the webmaster wrote back saying that they no longer paid people. If this is true, I think its pretty rotten that they don't post that on their site (well, obviously). But if you are going to use them, I definetly would go through clickxchange.
Kimberwyn is offline   Reply With Quote